Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!

Article about: Headgear of the "Goldfasanen" have always been my favorites. Whether Form 1,2,3,4 or Schiffchens/Kepis/M-43's, if you got 'em, post 'em: I will start off with 2 Form 4 Orts. Note t

Default Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!

Headgear of the "Goldfasanen" have always been my favorites. Whether Form 1,2,3,4 or Schiffchens/Kepis/M-43's, if you got 'em, post 'em:

I will start off with 2 Form 4 Orts. Note the piping color difference--just manufacturer variations:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!

The earliest form of political leader headgear. This is a kepi worn by the rank of Blockwart and Zellenwart at the Ortsgruppen level
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Nest, the kepi of an Ortsgruppenleiter, which is designated by the chin cord with the knot in the center
    BOB

Here's my one and only political.

An example of the first pattern cap worn by political leaders. This particular cap is shown on page 117 of volume III of "Headgear of Hitler's Germany." The blue is a slightly darker shade than that of the standard Ortsgruppenleiter's schirmutze. It also has a seperate velvet band sewn to the cap, which an Ortsgruppenleiter hat would not have in this period.
    the cap is for an official of the Party Court or Parteigericht. According to the book, this would have been worn by an assesor at the Gau, Kreis and Ortsgruppen level. The form of this hat would date to 1932/33. The 2nd pattern 1935 model political eagle indicates the hat was worn until approximately 1935/36.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!   Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 07-17-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    BOB

Another first pattern political leader visor cap. The red piping indicates the Gau level. The gold chin cord indicates the cap belonged to either a Gauleiter or Stellvertretender Gauleiter(Vice Gauleiter).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!   Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

BOB

An example of a 2nd pattern Political Leader visor cap for a member of an Ortsgruppen. Note the teller shape and the absence of the velvet band.

BOB

A Form III Ortsgruppenleiter visor cap with the short winged 3rd pattern eagle in silver and also the chin cord indicating lower ranks at the Ortsgruppen level

BOB

Thanks to colleague Bob Coleman for his wonderful images of early caps. The Blockwart/Zellenwart cap was mine, originally, and came from the collection of a German-American, Alfred Icks, a petroleum engineer, if I spelt his name right. His pieces were in the Bender books.

In the NSDAP Ortsgruppe peaked cap in the post above mine here, has the velvet band been added to said cap subsequently?

Wonderful pieces of regalia. Many thanks. Quite without wanting to, I posted a few images in another thread to this theme.

Happy headwear.

A form III black piped Kreisleitung visor cap with gold chin cord and eagle. This cap would have been worn by a Kreisleiter as lower officials would have worn silver insignia and chin cord. The high peak and saddle shape of this cap is reminiscent of the form IV visors

BOB

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast