Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!

Article about: This one has to be up there on the beater scale:

The term 'beater' is taking a bit of a beating!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!
    P
    Many

Beater Hungarian cap:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!   Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!  

Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!   Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Schellenberg SS visor (band missing):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!   Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

hello everybody,
    as some of you might have seen, i started a thread asking for a little advice in restoring a Schirmmütze i recently bought.
    Well, it arrived yesterday, and unfortunately it looks even worse than in the seller's description. The main fabric is still mostly intact,
    and i was able to clean the insignia a bit, but i guess this is a lost case:

Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!

MAP
    ?

Ouch.....Looks like this got caught up in the tracks of a tank. Definately worse than the original pictures Helen.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

i did not expect much for the price i paid, and i was looking forward to try myself in restoring an authentic cap without ruining someone's precious original, but this took the wind out of my sails a bit.....

Personally I would have left it alone and put it in some kind of "fall of the Third Reich" themed display, along with other decaying relics of the period. Trying to put this one together will surely not yield any kind of satisfying result, it is what it is--- apparently period and that's what matters in the end, it tells a tale.

That one should be called 'Wallaby Ted's brother' (Roo-Ted)

It's not a lost cause! It has found its home, in this thread. Just think, a whole new area of collecting, "relic" caps. Just watch out for fakes though... If anyone's in the market, there's something similar on fleaBay right now, although still a little too nice to fit in with these, only $300. You might have to tatter it some more yourself when you get it to give it that definitive look ;-)?

unfortunately it looks even worse than in the seller's description.
    I'm sorry, but reading this ^ and looking at the pics, I find myself giggling sort of uncontrollably... ;-)

Quote by Helen View Post
    i did not expect much for the price i paid, and i was looking forward to try myself in restoring an authentic cap without ruining someone's precious original, but this took the wind out of my sails a bit.....
    Helen is a wonderful craftswoman and you should all support her fine work. I applaud her.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast