Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A presentation of a Luftwaffe Hermann Göring EM/NCO-cap that finally gives it some justice.

Article about: Hi guys, (For those only interested in the photos of this HG-cap, just scroll down to bypass all the text) This cap was posted in the Cap Authentication forum almost a year ago, but the horr

?

Default Re: A presentation of a Luftwaffe Hermann Göring EM/NCO-cap that finally gives it some justice.

Sir
    You are quick to dismiss the fact that the sweat band has been removed and resewn for an unexplained purposes. Red Flag ! The cap is made up of parts. This is something that has been going on for some time by tailors for fakers. This hobby goes back many years and fakers have been busy skinning folks for decades long before you were born. As previously stated the cap is remade from parts and pieces of original caps. So the smell, the texture of the wool, the texture of the lining, the wear, etc., etc. only goes to prove my previous conclusion that the cap is a frankenstein. What I see in your photos and read in your ample posts just puts me in mind of an old saying. " If you can't dazzel with brilliance then baffle with bullcrap ". I have also owned HG head gear and have handled many caps in the last 45 years and do speak with some experience and expertise.
    But you are bound and determined to convince all the cap is original ignoring the years of experience and opinions of the senior collectors who are members on this forum. None are going to give you a thumbs up on this cap simply because they know that it is not good.

I would post to the inexperienced that this cap is not good so don't be fooled into believing that it is.
    The comparisons and conclusions of the author of the thread are superflous to what is the object of the discussion, being that the cap is a private purchase HG division cap. It is not. It is a FRANKENSTEIN cap.
    So please learn from this thread that the fakers are sharp and have expert tailors working for them to change the mundane to the rare. This has been going on for decades and will continue as long as there are inexperienced with money to spend. A sad fact of life but true. The knowledgable folks here take their time and expertese to help beginners avoid these types of pitfalls. I really do wish there had been this kind of assistance available when I began collecting in the 60's

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: A presentation of a Luftwaffe Hermann Göring EM/NCO-cap that finally gives it some justice.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Sir
    You are quick to dismiss the fact that the sweat band has been removed and resewn for an unexplained purposes. Red Flag ! The cap is made up of parts. This is something that has been going on for some time by tailors for fakers. This hobby goes back many years and fakers have been busy skinning folks for decades long before you were born. As previously stated the cap is remade from parts and pieces of original caps. So the smell, the texture of the wool, the texture of the lining, the wear, etc., etc. only goes to prove my previous conclusion that the cap is a frankenstein. What I see in your photos and read in your ample posts just puts me in mind of an old saying. " If you can't dazzel with brilliance then baffle with bullcrap ". I have also owned HG head gear and have handled many caps in the last 45 years and do speak with some experience and expertise.
    But you are bound and determined to convince all the cap is original ignoring the years of experience and opinions of the senior collectors who are members on this forum. None are going to give you a thumbs up on this cap simply because they know that it is not good.

I would post to the inexperienced that this cap is not good so don't be fooled into believing that it is.
    The comparisons and conclusions of the author of the thread are superflous to what is the object of the discussion, being that the cap is a private purchase HG division cap. It is not. It is a FRANKENSTEIN cap.
    So please learn from this thread that the fakers are sharp and have expert tailors working for them to change the mundane to the rare. This has been going on for decades and will continue as long as there are inexperienced with money to spend. A sad fact of life but true. The knowledgable folks here take their time and expertese to help beginners avoid these types of pitfalls. I really do wish there had been this kind of assistance available when I began collecting in the 60's
    Well, Steve - I have thought things over and I agree with you and I am returning the cap anyway, so actually we are in utter agreement here. Thank you for your time and your comments. I have myself referred to my long comparison post as rubbish, but at least I have learned something - and that's not nothing At least there was some nice photos in it.

I regard this cap now as a reproduction and will treat it accordingly - as should anyone else if they ever see it pop up somewhere else. So just regard my long post above as a nice picture show, that's all it's good for

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

?

You are a good man Kenneth.
    I understand disappointment Sir. I have also experienced it before.

KSH
    ?

I have deleted my rubbish comparison post to avoid that any member get the wrong idea of this cap, which is not an original war-time cap. I guess justice has been served regarding this cap, making the thread title almost prophetic in a sense!

Tomorrow I will be going on a trip for a while, so I will be away from the forum for some time - thank you all for your comments! This is just a part of the game of being a collector

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.
    Last edited by KSH; 05-14-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Kenneth-
    This has been a long and difficult road for you. It takes a good amount of intestinal fortitude to publicly admit being in the wrong after such a long period of defense of the cap. You have my respect for your actions and wish you only the best in your collecting endeavors.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A sad thread to read, sorry this didn't turn out well Kenneth.

We all know the feeling quite well...

You are a good man Kenneth.
    I understand disappointment Sir. I have also experienced it before.
    We have all been there at one time or another, Kenneth. At least
    you have the option of returning it for a refund.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Kenneth

As Steve/Walkwolf said, get your refund! One thing this novice (me) has learned is, emotionally letting go of a bad thing starts the healing and learning process. All my scrap metal that I paid authentic cash, couldn't fit in your cap, and there will be no refund! Something was learned from this junk and therefore some value was found, but not until after I accepted it as fake and the guilt of the money-loss was accepted. 20 years ago, the same cash was spent on bad booze and good women and Lord knows what else, so what's the difference? It's only money and we work to make more of it and surely you can't take it with you when you're dead. Give some to your kids, wife, and friends but know that it's only for trade and not for life.....that's what you'll have when the money is gone if you're rich in spirit.

Pardon the rant, Kenneth, but if you can get your money back then it's just a bit of ego that was bruised and to that I say, "lift your head high and proud". Always be the first to admit your own mistakes, it takes the ammo out of someone elses pouch.

Green

?

Difficult to add anything that hasnt already been said.
    Ill will say this how ever:
    You included a caveat in the beginning
    (For those only interested in the photos of this HG-cap, just scroll down to bypass all the text)
    Very considerate of you, but for me the text is as important as the pics themselves.
    Im not a collector of these caps, but still find the threads about them interesting.
    I thought your run-down of the cap interesting and its was a nasty surprise to find out in later posts, that the cap sadly is a franken after the experts had spoken.
    You put in all this effort, time and funds only to be disappointed. You have my full sympathy.
    Its not the end of the world, but still pretty bad. It sounds like you can get a full refund and I hope that holds true.
    I know its not much of a consolation, but at least your text and pics are of immense value to the forum in order to determine the validity of future caps.
    I hope you are not discouraged by this and will get up on the horse again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12