Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Private Purchase S S Officer's Visor Cap

Article about: A private purchase S S officer's visor cap. The sweat shield not only bears the maker's logo but also the name and address of the distributer in Vienna. The cap is a classic example of this

Default Private Purchase S S Officer's Visor Cap

A private purchase S S officer's visor cap. The sweat shield not only bears the maker's logo but also the name and address of the distributer in Vienna. The cap is a classic example of this maker's shape. Any guesses on who made it? I will post the sweatshield after a few gesses and some one gets it right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Private Purchase S S Officer's Visor Cap   Private Purchase S S Officer's Visor Cap  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Private Purchase S S Officer's Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Private Purchase S S Officer's Visor Cap

This cap also appears to be from Kupper as is your senior leader piece.

Quote by friedrich-berthold View Post
    this cap also appears to be from kupper as is your senior leader piece.
    a correct answer. The pekuro classic shape. Under the sweatshield is the name and address of the distributor
    " josef andeysek, wien 4, fauseitenstr. 29.". The wear of the hat has caused the sweatshield to loose the applied silver lettering of the distributor's name, leaving only a clear embossment on the shield. Frankly, i did not notice the name for over a year after i bought this cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Private Purchase S S Officer's Visor Cap  
    BOB

The past always hold wonders for us. The IV Bezirk is Margareten and Weiden. There are many tailor shops there still. I did not notice many hatters, though. Especially one finds these tailoring places still on Margaretenstrasse. The hatters seem to have died out since I started going to Vienna in 1973. Then you saw them, the family shops and what not. Of course, the military outfitters are also a thing of the past, considering how little is the Austrian army of the past and especially the present. Such would not have been the case when this cap was made, however. Wien of yore had a huge commerce in all things suited to court and the pillar of the monarchy, the army. How many of these establishments endured into the 1930s is unclear, but plainly a lot, granted how RZM licenses sprang up in Austria after 1938. This cap at hand was sold likely after the end of the 1941 ban on private retailers handling this item.

A very nice piece from the extraordinary Coleman treasure trove.

The Overhoff skull also makes sense for this era of cap. One sees them on wartime caps with an interesting frequency.

I have also seen an uniform of a S S officer with the tag of the same tailoring firm sewn in to the inside pocket of the tunic.
    BOB

There you are. Maybe their heirs are at hand up from the Karlsplatz. Who knows? There are circles within circles in Wien. Just ask Harry Lime, after all. It is quite a place, though.

Quote by friedrich-berthold View Post
    there you are. Maybe their heirs are at hand up from the karlsplatz. Who knows? There are circles within circles in wien. Just ask harry lime, after all. It is quite a place, though.
    ah. Harry lime. Film noir. Zither music.
    BOB

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    ah. Harry lime. Film noir. Zither music.
    Most important was Harry Lime's girl friend from across the Danube with the bad papers. Since you know me, I did the same. Mine has good papers, of course. However, I do not sell on the black market debased Medikamente. I know lots of interesting types there as in the movie, in fact. The world of the Alps, Adriatic and Danube is perfection.

Gruess nach dem Moelkereiland!

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    A private purchase S S officer's visor cap. The sweat shield not only bears the maker's logo but also the name and address of the distributer in Vienna. The cap is a classic example of this maker's shape. Any guesses on who made it? I will post the sweatshield after a few gesses and some one gets it right.
    Very nice cap

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Most important was Harry Lime's girl friend from across the Danube with the bad papers.
    She was possibly the most beautiful brunettte IMHO to ever be in the movies. The scene at the end of the movie when she walks past the 'waiting' Joseph Cotten crushes you; at least it did me..........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast