Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quality Visor Caps Thread

Article about: Hi guys, I would be very interested in seeing some of your best caps, not necessarily based on the maker or waffenfarbe, but based on individual quality. Please post your better quality caps

Default Quality Visor Caps Thread

Hi guys,

I would be very interested in seeing some of your best caps, not necessarily based on the maker or waffenfarbe, but based on individual quality. Please post your better quality caps here, gentlemen. I would really love to see detailed photos and explanations, especially of the parts that fakers can't get right.

Thanks,
    Mo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quality Visor Caps Thread
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Quality Visor Caps Thread

Very interesting thread topic! There are some of us out there that care about construction quality

This is all I have in the quality department, Mo:

My Luftwaffe HG is one of the most finely constructed Luftwaffe EM/NCO caps I have ever come across. This is in many ways a typical private purchase example with a rather large peak and a cap band made of rayon (like the officer's caps) as opposed to a cap band "just" made of standard black wool. Check out the quality of the top side of the peak itself - I believe a layer of real leather is on top there over the vulcan fiber visor - a nice touch in my opinion and much nicer than your standard Luftwaffe cap. The interior is also exquisite, the cap is fully lined with black ribbed rayon - just look at how nicely the lining has been handled - no thought for economy here, the maker has used all the rayon he wanted to make it look really good even with the sweatband folded up. Typically the makers only used enough lining to make it overlap decently with the sweatband - for economical reasons. Why waste material on something that is supposed to be invisible? Well, this maker did "waste" and it looks damn good! The cap is unmarked and I believe it was made by a small "mom 'n pop" (as stonemint calls them) maker.

Quality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps Thread

Also of excellent quality is my Welhausen cap, from the fabric used for the cap body to the extremely rare rings of high-quality black velvet piping. The piping has a trait I believe must be very rare also:

Usually there are two thinner rings of piping of the same width on either side of the green cap band (top and bottom of the cap band) and a thicker ring of piping around the crown. On my Welhausen not so. On my cap the rings of piping are all of different widths and they become wider as we progress from the bottom ring to the top ring - the top ring being the widest of course. This is a nice trait I absolutely adore and it cannot be common in my opinion.

Quality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps Thread

Just say the word if you want to see some particular details of my caps - my photos are not all that good, I know.

Regards,

Kenneth

P.S. I apologize if anyone thinks I have shown these two caps too many times - I never get tired of them myself you see
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:17 PM.

?

A 120 year old prussian Garrison cap made F Hausen
    Torgau, a little town on the Elbe.

I am sure you can see the quality of it through the photos.

Quality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps Thread

He was most likely in the 4. Thüringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 72. They were based in Torgau.

Cheers, Pat

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    Very interesting thread topic! There are some of us out there that care about construction quality
    ....and then there are those of us whose wallets (or at least the contents of which) dont measure up to our sense of quality

Just kidding.

Excellent visor caps and your pics are just fine IMO. Thanks for sharing.

my favorite :

I cannot pick just one, but right now this is my sentimental favorite: A visor for the Leib-Garde Husaren Regt (Potsdam) Garde-Korps visor. Poppy-red top, dunkelblau band, and yellow piping--pre-war quality at its finest:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quality Visor Caps Thread   Quality Visor Caps Thread  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Such a beuatiful piece Stonemint. It really is somthing to be admired.

Cheers, Pat

?

stonemint, that is fantastic.
    The colours are something to behold.
    When watching black and white docu or movies of soldiers parading etc, I think we sometimes tend to forget what a display of colours the imperial uniforms must have been. Not just in Germany.

Mine has to be the 1927 pattern Jager officers reichswehr cap for which I am currently the custodian.

For me its a quality piece that I can't get close too with my other caps (although I love them all dearly).

Mo the reason why its so special....Private purchase from a Mr Lustein in Berlin. It has the bullion wreath and is absolutely (apart from 1 nip) mint as a minty mint from minton !

Close second is a rare cap. Veterinarian Bavarian officers 1910 field grey field cap. Beauty with silk lining and leather peak.

Quality Visor Caps ThreadQuality Visor Caps Thread

cheers

tony

KSH
    ?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I would really love to see detailed photos and explanations, especially of the parts that fakers can't get right.

For you Mo, some details of quality from my Luftwaffe cap very relevant to your request:

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast