Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake? Luftwaffe Field Cap

Article about: I purchased this Luftwaffe Field Cap today, and was wondering if it was original. It's in very good condition, but there are sweat stains on the inside along with a faded stamp stating the m

Default Real or Fake? Luftwaffe Field Cap

I purchased this Luftwaffe Field Cap today, and was wondering if it was original. It's in very good condition, but there are sweat stains on the inside along with a faded stamp stating the maker, and the year 1943. I need to know if it's fake or real as I would like to return it if it's fake.

Thanks in advance!

Cole Pearce

P.S
    I'm a new collector. Any tips on how to identify fakes?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake? Luftwaffe Field Cap   Real or Fake? Luftwaffe Field Cap  

Real or Fake? Luftwaffe Field Cap   Real or Fake? Luftwaffe Field Cap  

Real or Fake? Luftwaffe Field Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake? Luftwaffe Field Cap
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. I have rotated your pictures to make them easier to view.

My expertise on M43's are not strong but something is not sitting right with me...

It is one funky bird and I have never seen an insignia patch like that. And I would expect to see an RBN number (which I think started in 1942), not an Robert Lubstein stamp.

Real or Fake? Luftwaffe Field CapReal or Fake? Luftwaffe Field CapReal or Fake? Luftwaffe Field CapReal or Fake? Luftwaffe Field CapReal or Fake? Luftwaffe Field Cap
    Last edited by MAP; 12-11-2016 at 03:43 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Wait...two didn't rotate...

Real or Fake? Luftwaffe Field CapReal or Fake? Luftwaffe Field Cap

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What a bummer.

Thanks for the info and the welcome! I'll try and use your info to return this item, as this is quite unexpected. Hopefully they will take it back!

Thanks again!

Cole Pearce

MAP
    ?

Quote by Coleapearce View Post
    What a bummer.

Thanks for the info and the welcome! I'll try and use your info to return this item, as this is quite unexpected. Hopefully they will take it back!

Thanks again!

Cole Pearce
    Cole,

Just wait a bit. Others will be around to provide comments. This is just my "partially" educated opinion. There are others here with much more knowledge with this type of cap. Especially regarding the construction, width of the skirt and such. I would however expect the buttons to be painted Luftwaffe blue.

Try our search engine here. It is very good and will show you many examples to compare to. Try using "Luft M43". Compare the stitching, construction, buttons, lining, insignia, etc.

I see. Makes sense. I checked out some others and you were right, they all had luftwaffe blue buttons and a number inside the hat, rather than the name.

Thanks for the info, I'll still wait, for others to reply.