Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Rear seam on Luftwaffe visor Caps

Article about: I found A visor on a dealers website that shows a Luftwaffe visor with a rear seam. The reference books that I have state that this did not accrue on Luftwaffe visors. What are the thoughts

?

Default Rear seam on Luftwaffe visor Caps

I found A visor on a dealers website that shows a Luftwaffe visor with a rear seam.
    The reference books that I have state that this did not accrue on Luftwaffe visors.
    What are the thoughts about this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rear seam on Luftwaffe visor Caps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rear seam on Luftwaffe visor Caps
    P
    Many

?

Every now and then - particularly later in the war - this did happen.
    Any other pictures?

See here e.g. (only visible for paying members):

LW Blue-top Officer Visors
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 02-20-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Erwesa is correct. There are plenty of LW visors (both EM/NCO; Officer, & even Generals) that have the seam in the rear.
    For almost every regulation, there is an exception (and in this case, multiple ones).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Erwesa, do you want picture of different angle? This is the only one of the rear.
    Goes to show, just because somebody put it writing do not make it truth.
    Reference books are good but being able to look at the real deal is where like they say "the rubber meets the road".
    Thanks for your input I will have more questions coming.

?

Quote by Marvin View Post
    Erwesa, do you want picture of different angle? This is the only one of the rear.
    Goes to show, just because somebody put it writing do not make it truth.
    Reference books are good but being able to look at the real deal is where like they say "the rubber meets the road".
    Thanks for your input I will have more questions coming.
    Hello Marvin,
    I just wanted further pictures (particularly of the interior) to see what we really have here - looks original from this only pic, but further ones would make it clear.

?

Default additional images

Erwesa, some more views.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rear seam on Luftwaffe visor Caps   Rear seam on Luftwaffe visor Caps  

?

Nice cap, later war, as I supposed - the shortages of material are already visible (the Vorstoß around the bottom of the cap was made out of three parts). A pity that the sweatshield is no longer there.

Gary Wilkins mentions the rear seam in his early work on visor caps, where he states that all Luftwaffe caps with a rear seam are reproductions,
    he was off the beam with that statement, and that book was regarded as a bit of a 'bible' when it first came out. Some of the earlier reference books
    need to be interpreted with care, another book that was snapped up when first published was the Previtera book on Heer Badges by Tucker, and that
    is one that is also laced with a fair few badges that don't get too many positive reviews these days.....

-Bob

And here is a Luftwaffe Other Ranks/NCO's visor cap for the Signals Branch, with a rear seam, just to add to this thread...
    (and I have absolutely no concerns about this at all, it is a 100% wartime made cap in my humble opinion).

-Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rear seam on Luftwaffe visor Caps   Rear seam on Luftwaffe visor Caps  

Rear seam on Luftwaffe visor Caps   Rear seam on Luftwaffe visor Caps