Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Recommended books and related literature

Article about: Very interesting books, Friedrich and Tony. I am going to see if I can get a copy of one of them on Amazon. Cheers, Pat

Default Re: Recommended books and related literature

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi Paul

I,ve got a copy of the einheitsfeldmütze book. Great period photos in it plus lots of caps from all branches of service.

It's also been discussed on this link....

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...r-lock-147470/

cheers

tony
    I bought this book in Berlin just now and it is a fine piece of work as near as I can see. Very thorough and with excellent illustrations of high value to the collector.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recommended books and related literature
    P
    Many

Hi

Been thinking about the thread and the fact we have all discussed modern publications but not the original sources from whence they came.

I was lucky enough over the past couple of years to pick up some original publications and here they are.

All are very relevant to the subject of the German Army in general but from a cap point of view here are the best bits from the publication of 1919 introducing the new uniform.

Recommended books and related literatureRecommended books and related literature

It talks about the new service cap and

the new branch colours

Recommended books and related literatureRecommended books and related literature

contains a colour pull out of the uniforms

and the cap waffenfabre

cheers

tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended books and related literature   Recommended books and related literature  

The Reichswehr is always of great interest. I have many illustrated works on the Rw of the era. I will make pictures of them at some point.

This is an English translation of a French paperback book. Pics are all in color, but there are few interior shots. All of the pics are of hats that went thru the Hermann Historica auction house, so there are a few stinkers in there:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended books and related literature  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I think there are few nice German made Soviet caps shown in there that smell sweet as lilac....
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by stonemint View Post
    This is an English translation of a French paperback book. Pics are all in color, but there are few interior shots. All of the pics are of hats that went thru the Hermann Historica auction house, so there are a few stinkers in there:
    I bought this book in the French original from my wonderful source in Berlin-Charlottenburg and it is an average kind of thing. I am amused that what is more or less the work of Hermann Historica finds much mention here at all, granted how the fruit of said locale otherwise forms the basis for the gallery of fakes in this digital cap meadow here. There are much, much better French and German language works of merit on the modern market, today. This book is ok, but it might also have a distracting effect on the beginning collector.

This is a good starter book for the collector who is just getting into soft headgear. Text is in German, with an english translation below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended books and related literature   Recommended books and related literature  

The following also have some nice headgear referenced, but not dedicated solely to cloth headgear.....

Bob

Recommended books and related literature   Recommended books and related literature  

Recommended books and related literature   Recommended books and related literature  

I don't think there is an image for the Gary Wilkins Cloth Headgear book, so here it is for those who may not have seen it before...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended books and related literature  

A good thread that should be revisited.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7