Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsbahn visor cap

Article about: Just got this today what do you all think. Leader cap? Found this news paper folded up inside the band. ERIC

Default Reichsbahn visor cap

Reichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capReichsbahn visor capJust got this today what do you all think. Leader cap?
    Found this news paper folded up inside the band.
    ERIC

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn visor cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichsbahn visor cap

Putting aside the newspaper, the sweatdiamond looks like soft plastic, not celluloid. Chincord is wrong with these buttons--it should be a leather chinstrap.
    IMHO, a Bundesbahn visor with added TR insignia.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Celluloid is not soft very stiff chincord strap?didnt look added to me.

ERIC
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 03-20-2011 at 02:47 AM. Reason: SPELL

These help any? Last two pics show the front from the inside.

ERIC
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn visor cap   Reichsbahn visor cap  

Reichsbahn visor cap   Reichsbahn visor cap  

Reichsbahn visor cap  

Rank on all versions of the Reichsbahn visor cap was displayed by the style of chin cords. Senior officials wore gold chin cords with small flecks of blue; middle rank officials wore half gold and half blue cords; lower rank officials wore blue cords with small flecks of gold; and all non official ranks wore a black leather chinstrap. Mine is gold&blue pics dont show the color very well. Any one else?

ERIC

You are correct about the rank system of the cords. However, the ones who wore cords had pebbled-finish buttons, and the lowest pay-grades wore leather chinstraps with black buttons to hold them in place.

With regard to your example, your chincords also appear to be too small for the hat--the large knots should be flush up against the small knots.

Celluloid is the same as 35mm film negatives--it is stiff, and will not become wavy on the edges.

I understand now. Its going back thanks for the help.

ERIC

EZ, I applaud your taste--Reichsbahn are some of the most aesthetically pleasing of all german visors. The problem is that they continued to be made almost without interruption after the war. One thing to look for is Reichsbahn kleiderkasse marks on the lining--they did not use this postwar (it became the Bundesbahn). You also want to look for 3 rings of red piping (top, middle, and bottom) as well as a velvet band (there are exceptions to these last 2 points, but for someone just starting out in DRB, I recommend going textbook). Also, avoid ones with the 2 air-hole grommets on either side--these are common to postwar visors.

If you run across any others you are interested in, I would be glad to help.

EZ, this is just a sample of the many varieties of Reichsbahn headgear pre-1945:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn visor cap