Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsbahn Visor - Ludwig Vögele

Article about: Acquired this M-41 Reichsbahn Visor Up today to go with my Reichsbahn Collection. Ludwig Vögele made the cap for the DRB Kleiderkasse in 1942. A nice paper maker label for Ludwig Vögele insi

?

Default Reichsbahn Visor - Ludwig Vögele

Acquired this M-41 Reichsbahn Visor Up today to go with my Reichsbahn Collection. Ludwig Vögele made the cap for the DRB Kleiderkasse in 1942. A nice paper maker label for Ludwig Vögele inside cap is named to the owner Peter Volker and his station unit he was assigned to Mannheim Hauptbahnhof. Some wear to sweatband but overall pretty clean with no mothing.

This is my 4th visor in 30+ years of collecting and 4th in past 2 years. I have have learned much about them from the crew here on WRF and growing fond of them as accents in the collection so thank you guys. Stonemint you are amazing and I read and learn from your threads and period in wear photos all the time. A big thanks to you for your hard work, organization, counsel and help to us all.

Also credit to Andreas for additional information below: The "Rgaufs." on the label tells us that Mr. Völker was a Rangieraufseher [shunting supervisor]. Blue cap cords with gold flecking were worn by officials of pay groups 17a through 12, a Rangieraufseher being in pay group 15.

Enjoy the Day!

Rossi

Reichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig VögeleReichsbahn Visor - Ludwig Vögele
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Visor - Ludwig Vögele
    P
    Many

Very nice. For additional detail: The "Rgaufs." on the label tells us that Mr. Völker was a Rangieraufseher [shunting supervisor]. Blue cap cords with gold flecking were worn by officials of pay groups 17a through 12, a Rangieraufseher being in pay group 15.

MAP
    ?

What a nice looking visor! Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Lovely hat--made all the better by the Vogele order tag still in the hat....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

It is a great cap, Rossi. Especially the paper tag makes it complete.
    HPL2008 is right with the function.

Would have been great I could have shown it in my coming volume 6
    for the headgear-series. But the book is finished and packed for the publisher.

Here one of the photos that will be shown in the book: the cords are for a
    higher grade. The person photographed in 1944 was a Bahnhofsvorsteher,
    wearing the blue cap. If being in function he would have worn a cap with red top.
    There will be other and better photographs of caps in the book, where this insignia
    is being worn.

Reichsbahn Visor - Ludwig Vögele
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 06-16-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Excellent piece! I am working on getting some Reichsbahn items myself. I posted my collar tab and shoulder strap, and they got me interested in finding more. A really nice score Rossi!!