Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RKB Visor by Carl Nause Hildesheim

Article about: RKB Officer visor--pre-war quality in doeskin. I have only seen one other hat marked to Nause, and they were most likely a tailor, and the hat is probably a pre-war Welhausen. Hat is cut in

Default RKB Visor by Carl Nause Hildesheim

RKB Officer visor--pre-war quality in doeskin.

I have only seen one other hat marked to Nause, and they were most likely a tailor, and the hat is probably a pre-war Welhausen.

Hat is cut in the Wehrmachtschnitt, and the highlights to the wreath and eagle are polished.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1037.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	699064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1040.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	217.1 KB 
ID:	699065  

NEC SOLI CEDIT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Many RKB visors are actually Kyffhauserbund visors that had the insignia replaced, but this one is not one of those--it was made as an RKB from the get-go.

Cords are genuine silver, tarnished with age, but one can see the original bright silver color in some of the recesses of the knots:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1047.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	699066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1048.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	699067  

NEC SOLI CEDIT

The Reichskriegertag took place from June 3-5, 1939 and was one of the last major parades before the war broke out.
    Photos of the event depict a cloudless sky over Kassel, and it had to have been very uncomfortable wearing wool uniforms in the summer sun.

Name:	s319185.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	699068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H0579-L47469980.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	699785  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91gHNIrkVvL__SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	699783  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by stonemint; 06-07-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

All the big-wigs of the Reich appeared for the event, and Hugo Jaeger captured it all in color:

Name:	7kEbQZ8h.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	699069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hitler watching parades at the Reichs Veterans Day.jpeg 
Views:	547 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	699071  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

What is interesting is that this hat has sweatstaining to the lining, and imo, it was only worn once--at this parade, and was then put away when war broke out (I have another RKB that also exhibits no wear, but sweatstains to the lining--probably from that hot day in June).

Name:	IMG_1043.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	699072  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Lining is a really nice champagne-colored silk with a leather sweatband, 1/2 fold-over & 1/2 sewn. It is also well padded and shaped. Hat would not have been cheap back in '39:

Name:	IMG_1045.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	699073  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Maker logo--if anyone has any other examples by Nause, I would love to see them.

(I would like to give credit to Kurt for making this hat available to me....)

Name:	IMG_1055.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	699074  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Congrats on a truly spectacular acquisition for your collection. I don't collect in this area, but very much appreciate the superb quality and exceptional craftsmanship displayed in these hats.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello,
    Great hat (I love the tarnished chin cords and the polished insignia) and great color pictures of the event. I think the hottest that day was Admiral Raeder (he is wearing a frock coat).

Jody

DRK
    ?

Nice visor !! civil headgear rules ! yeahhh

Theo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast