Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RZM Tag ID for NSDAP Ortsgruppen Visor

Article about: Was hoping someone here could provide me with a little education with this post. I have a fairly standard run of the mills NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor. What I want to learn is how to read the RZ

MAP
    ?

Default RZM Tag ID for NSDAP Ortsgruppen Visor

Was hoping someone here could provide me with a little education with this post.

I have a fairly standard run of the mills NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor.

What I want to learn is how to read the RZM tag.

1) I'm still not sure how to identify the maker. There is no preceeding "letter" (such as an "A"). In reviewing all the threads I could find, this appears to be fairly common for these political visors. Do I assume it is an "A"? And is there a list that I could look at?

2) and pardon my massive ignorance here, what the purpose of the seven numbers on the second line.

3) Is there any significance to the "*" symbol?

Haven't posted a picture of the visor itself but can if needed.

Any and all comments are welcome.

Regards,

Michael

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM Tag ID for NSDAP Ortsgruppen Visor
    P
    Many

Tuchmuetze= cloth cap

Hersteller= maker's license number, i.e. code number

RZM # the number of the tag, for which a fee was charged for the use of the RZM, and the serial number was to allow
    oversight of quality, retail, raw materials and on and on.

A1 27 Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sachsen.

A1= Ausruestung, Muetzenfabriken.

The six digit number is the serial number of the tag, the cap, etc.

Such a thing allowed those charged with quality control, and, presumably, the person who bought the cap and might find it
    defective to gain accountability for its defects.

The clothing economy was a complicated thing in the Nazi economy, subject to price controls, labor shortages, and raw material
    problems even before the start of the war.

The makers of such items were prohibited from using makers' logos.

If you look in the SS section, we have gone over this ground a thousand times.

The RZM was also an offensive weapon to disenfranchise Jews in the clothing trade in the years after 1933
    and until Jews lost all their civil and property rights in Germany.

If you read the RZM circulars closely, this aspect is pretty plain, as is the case in the clothing industry trade publications.

RZM Tag ID for NSDAP Ortsgruppen VisorSee here....

and read this...

SS RZM Tags

The legal basis for this activity derived in part from this crucial 1934 law which was a step in totalitarian control.

documentArchiv.de - Gesetz gegen heimtückische Angriffe auf Staat und Partei und zum Schutz der Parteiuniformen [Heimtückegesetz] (20.12.1934)

RZM Tag ID for NSDAP Ortsgruppen VisorHere is the 1934 dated directive on how to make such a PL cap.

Our Wim Saris has read all the documents, and memorized them in the process of writing his fine books.

I am an amateur, but one of long interest and with more than one SS peaked cap over forty five years of collecting.

RZM Tag ID for NSDAP Ortsgruppen VisorThe tags themselves were updated from time to time, and your tag is a later one, i.e. not of the first couple of generations of such tags. This is a tag for textile insignia.

RZM Tag ID for NSDAP Ortsgruppen VisorRZM Tag ID for NSDAP Ortsgruppen VisorHere is a cap with a logo from the firm Isken in Cologne

It is from 1933 or so, that is, at a time before the above regime was in effect.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

Tuchmuetze= cloth cap

Hersteller= maker's license number, i.e. code number

RZM # the number of the tag, for which a fee was charged for the use of the RZM, and the serial number was to allow
    oversight of quality, retail, raw materials and on and on.

A1 27 Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sachsen.

A1= Ausruestung, Muetzenfabriken.

The six digit number is the serial number of the tag, the cap, etc.

Such a thing allowed those charged with quality control, and, presumably, the person who bought the cap and might find it
    defective to gain accountability for its defects.

The clothing economy was a complicated thing in the Nazi economy, subject to price controls, labor shortages, and raw material
    problems even before the start of the war.

The makers of such items were prohibited from using makers' logos.

If you look in the SS section, we have gone over this ground a thousand times.

The RZM was also an offensive weapon to disenfranchise Jews in the clothing trade in the years after 1933
    and until Jews lost all their civil and property rights in Germany.

If you read the RZM circulars closely, this aspect is pretty plain, as is the case in the clothing industry trade publications.
    Thanks for everything. I must admit, I seen many of these threads but was still confused. Your post clears it up 100%. I was primarily confused if I could assume it was "A1" since it wasn't marked or if there was a different list I should be looking at.

As always, thanks for going over this for the millionth and ONE time for me.

Have book marked the attached thread for future research.

Regards,

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 06-22-2014 at 03:42 AM. Reason: poor grammer
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast