Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SA generals M43 cap

Article about: Hello, Ive been trying to get some items off of an old couple im aquainted with and they sent me these 2 photos. Is this within the realm of possibility of being the real deal? Im going to a

?

Default SA generals M43 cap

Hello,
    Ive been trying to get some items off of an old couple im aquainted with and they sent me these 2 photos. Is this within the realm of possibility of being the real deal? Im going to ask for additional pictures so please stay tuned
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA generals M43 cap   SA generals M43 cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA generals M43 cap
    P
    Many

I can not comment on the hat itself do to lack of knowledge but I do know the eagle is 100%.

A form of cap worn during the war by high ranking SA and NSDAP officers. It is 100% period original.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Looks likes a cap Viktor Lutze would wear..I noticed it had remnants of Gold piping around the top of the cap.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

these form of military type caps were worn by the political leadership to show an affinity to the German armed forces. I know of a similar piece with a political eagle, political rosette and gold piping. as this is a war time hat, I would not be concerned that it does not have a RZM label. These were likely custom made outside of the RZM jurisdiction.
    BOB

A very nice cap, but allow me an observation:

Wouldn't a general officer of the SA have aluminum cap top piping and a cap triangle with bright red (Gruppe staff) or crimson (SA high command) base color?

Unless I am much mistaken, this is for an officer of SA-Gruppe Elbe (orange-yellow Gruppe color and gold piping color).

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A very nice cap, but allow me an observation:

Wouldn't a general officer of the SA have aluminum cap top piping and a cap triangle with bright red (Gruppe staff) or crimson (SA high command) base color?

Unless I am much mistaken, this is for an officer of SA-Gruppe Elbe (orange-yellow Gruppe color and gold piping color).
    The background color would indicate the Gruppe. Gold cThis would differ from a kepi as the piping and tresse indicated rank. olored buttons were abolished with the 1939 insignia modifications. The gold piping and buttons are to indicate an officer of general officer rank. If the piping was silver, that would be for any officer rank and position. Please remember these are a war time cap for only very high ranking officers and were custom made and likely worn for a short period of time. Likely this cap was worn with the einsatz und dienst uniform.The gold is another way of identifying with Wehrmacht general officers.
    BOB

?

Thank you all for your input. Especially since you think its 100 percent! Now for the big question...... What would this be worth? Id like to give them a fair price

Hi Akmo-
    Please note that it is not the purpose of the forum to be a free appraisal service. Never the less, as this is a unique item, it would be a hard item to evaluate. Pay what ever you are comfortable with.
    BOB

Hi,
    If possible, pics of the inside would be very interesting
    thanks
    Pascal.