Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

sa sudmark?

Article about: hello, i would like some opinions on this kepi, i did put it under a uv lamp it did not flouresce. but... i did read some fakes are from the period? roughly what year could it of been produc

Default sa sudmark?

hello, i would like some opinions on this kepi, i did put it under a uv lamp it did not flouresce. but... i did read some fakes are from the period? roughly what year could it of been produced? also what is it worth? thanks, jason
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sa sudmark?   sa sudmark?  

sa sudmark?   sa sudmark?  

sa sudmark?   sa sudmark?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement sa sudmark?
    P
    Many

iron cross
    ?

Default Re: sa sudmark?

I am going to have to say that it is a poorly made copy. Sorry but it is not original.

Definitely a product of the 4th Reich. The color also appears to be carmine, not the rose color used by Sudmark. Attached is a picture of a genuine Sudmark kepi. The eagkle is also a fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sa sudmark?  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Fakes made in period? Where did you hear that? Absolute nonsense. This kepi was made very recently. It is amazing how much bad information is out there.
    BOB

thanks for the info guys, i read that on a forum somewhere about early fakes. are there any books you guys can recomend that cover all types of headgear thanks. jason

Jason-
    I can strongly recommend "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" Volumes I-IV by Wilhelm Saris. They can be purchased from Bender Publishing Home
    A fifth volume is expected next year.
    The kepis you are likely referring to are the cheaply made paper and cloth caps with a painted on pink top and poorly made chin strap. All have a gold pebbled button and and late war zinc civil form eagle, which is incorrect for use on a kepi. At one time, some thought that these kepis were made for the Aunchluss. However, more recent thought is that these kepis were a movie prop from the late 40's or 50's. They began to appear in the early 1960's. I have never found any veteran provenance on any of these examples. These kepis were also very poorly made. I have seen examples where the pink painted tops actually have pink spillover on the the brown cloth.
    BOB

thanks bob ill look into those books one thing that i was thrown off before i spoke to you guys was smell, the leather had the leather smell i read on a site about helmets and it said the leather parts a leather smell is bad. 70 year old leather should not smell like anything. im still somewhat new to this and im trying to do research on my own without bugging people and so i can learn. it does get me angry this is the second time i got beat im thinking of selling my fakes on ebay as fakes and try to get some of my money back towards authentic militaria i want real stuff with history not fake junk thanks very much, jason