Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schirmmütze der Luftwaffe Flak

Article about: Hi Guys, Recently I purchased this fine Luftwaffe NCO Flak visor from Forum member Larboard and am quite happy with it. I know that he posted pictures of it last year and it was determined t

Default Schirmmütze der Luftwaffe Flak

Hi Guys,

Recently I purchased this fine Luftwaffe NCO Flak visor from Forum member Larboard and am quite happy with it. I know that he posted pictures of it last year and it was determined to be a slightly different variation from the normal (this being extra mutzie) with the double stitched visor edge band and the black underside. So I have taken some better photos and posted them here for your comments. I did not want to lift the sweat band as it seemed like it might tear, but I feel confident that this is a good one. Thanks as always for any comments. Bob

Question, is this fabric considered wool? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schirmmütze der Luftwaffe Flak
    P
    Many

?

Hi Bob,
    very nice pictures of a very nice cap with a very unusual peak (is it hand stitched to the cap?).
    As to the material: seems to be wool (and would be the most likely material) but you can only tell when you have the cap in hand. Wool was processed in very different ways, as Tuch, Strichtuch, Trikot, Gabardine, etc. etc., see here for further details: Types Materials for SS Visor Hats
    Very nice hat stand BTW, is it adjustable to the size of the cap?
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 11-12-2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks for the complements on my visor. I don't know about the hand stitching. The sweat band was a bit on the fragile side and didn't want to lift it to look.
    On the hat stand, I had the guys in the shop build this to my design. I actually measured the inside of the cap and built the stand to that fixed dimension. It is stainless steel and painted black except the part that touches the sweat band. So no, it is not adjustable. Thanks for the link also. Regards, Bob

Very nice Cap, and nice stand Bob
    Bob Nice name also LOL

MAP
    ?

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Thanks for the complements on my visor. I don't know about the hand stitching. The sweat band was a bit on the fragile side and didn't want to lift it to look.
    On the hat stand, I had the guys in the shop build this to my design. I actually measured the inside of the cap and built the stand to that fixed dimension. It is stainless steel and painted black except the part that touches the sweat band. So no, it is not adjustable. Thanks for the link also. Regards, Bob

I remember seeing this visor when it was originally posted. Haven't seen Larboard around in quite a while...

Anyway....You HAVE to have your friend start making these hat stands. Can easily be made in different "standard" sizes (54cm, 56cm, etc) and maybe in different heights as well so they could be staggered on a shelf to fit the caps closer together. At the right price I would by 6 or so!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)