MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Schirmmütze für Res.Offizier Schachtel v. Mohr und Speyer

Article about: Pat, what does that 117 label say?

?

Default Re: Schirmmütze für Res.Offizier Schachtel v. Mohr und Speyer

Good question, I'm not sure Pat. Haven't researched this period nearly as much as I should have. Only so many hours in the day though.
    I can tell you how to set up your flybarless radio control helicopter though, does that help?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schirmmütze für Res.Offizier Schachtel v. Mohr und Speyer
    P
    Many

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    I was told this cap might be Reichsbahn, not artillery.Does anyone else think that ? Cheers, Patrick
    Patrick...IMO it is not a Reichsbahn cap, it looks to me be of the typical pre 1911 shape, a "Teller" plate shaped form, note the visor has increased in size from the M1867 (which is tiny !) giving a more modern look, it is not an Officers, but a Prussian Reserve EM/NCO schirmutze, it appears not have the 1897 Reich cockade (any evidence of it ever having one ?) ....the other cap (the Grossheringen) is a Model 1867 Prussian Infantry EM /NCO schirmutze of text book appearance, in that it displays only the Land-cockade (State) which is correct for this period...Both nice caps, thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Good question, I'm not sure Pat. Haven't researched this period nearly as much as I should have. Only so many hours in the day though.
    I can tell you how to set up your flybarless radio control helicopter though, does that help?
    I dont mind much if its reichsbahn, but It would be nice to know. Right now I am in Dublin (4 hours away) so I cant check the piping of the cap but when I get home I will see if its crimson red or red..... (To be honest I cant tell the defference )

Now that its cooming up to christmas there is no doubt I will be getting a helicopter, so I might take you up on that.

Steve- Thanks for the Info, The m1867's visor is tiny! and so is the cap itself. The later prussian cap does have evidence of the Reichs cockade on it, I must get round to getting a new one.

Cheers, Patrick

Hi Pat, I was in Torgau earlier this month. A wonderful place! A real unknown gem. I can highly recommend it for a visit. Grossheringen is south-west of Torgau.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3