Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Schirmmütze for an Officer of Kavallerie Regiment 13 (Luneburg)

Article about: The boxy circumference is very notable, much like HPC's. Anyone learing the craft should study such elements, it takes a tremendous amount of skill to construct a hat like this.

Default re: Schirmmütze for an Officer of Kavallerie Regiment 13 (Luneburg)

From my cross-town friend:

"I picked up the late Kav. piped walking out dress on the right. The other, to the left, is named & dated 1941. The other, to the right in photo, has loops for the Close Combat Bar (ranked higher than Knights Cross – “white of the eyes” badge for close personal combat), Army Honor Roll Clasp (missing from ribbon), I.C. 1st, Gen. Assault, and Wound Badge. Gray war time gabardine fabric, Rittmeister rank with subdued boards & painted buttons, zinc pips. Large fancy label “Lang , Magdeburg” but no name of officer. With trousers. Grey tunic About 1943 I would guess, since two loops for the CCC sewn on with other loops for badges at the time made."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIPED_WALK_OUT_PAIR.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	224.0 KB 
ID:	532420  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Pzjaeger 'rock from my cross-town friend--check out the bullion work on that eagle:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WAFFENROCK_BARON_PA_FULL_FRONT_BEST.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	563712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WAFFENROCK_BARON_BREAST_EAGLE_CLOSE_UP.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	563711  

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Kav 'rock:

Name:	WAFFENROCK_KR_18_FULL_FRONT_BEST.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	563719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WAFFENROCK_KR_18_BREAST_CLOSE_UP_BOARDS.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	563718  

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Very handsome. It is Pzjaeger der Reserve, to be precise. Also for the mounted tunic. Very nice. I recall in the beginning ca. 1968, these were stacked up at gun shows for the princely sum of USD 35.
    damit, basta.

F_B, can't say I recall them in '68 (I was 5 at the time) but almost 10 years later I recall them going for $125--which was a lot for a kid whose only source of income was a paper route...

- - Updated - -

Close up of the Pz 'rock eagle:

Name:	eagle.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	563738  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Very nice embroidery and the bluish hue of field grey that I find so poetic. From 1968 until 1978, there was quite a price increase with this stuff as inflation took hold and the easy supply dried up.
    Bob Coleman can tell us more on said score. I recall heaps of Waffenroecke in my salad years, I had a few from time to time, and always took a certain joy in them.
    damit, basta.

dear all,
    I am a new entry in this forum.
    Is possible to know the period of this dressing tunics ? are from 1936 ad used during all the war?
    Is possible also to know the name of the owner of the left one? the deutsche kreuz trager...
    grazie

The Waffenrock here was introduced in 1935.
    damit, basta.

thank you Friedrich, but this dressing tunics (waffenrock modified) are used in homeland still the end of war?

and onother answer. with this tunics is possible to have trousers with Yellow piping or without ? is possible to have cavalry trousers inside the boots? Do you have an image of an officer with this tunic in middle war?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast