Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Seemingly authentic 194 maybe 3 dated Rabbit Fur Cap, Heer Eagle.

Article about: Never wanted one of these all that bad, but I liked this one, although the eagle had been ripped loose on one side, back together now. The rear attachment for the eagle is a flat aluminum pr

Default Seemingly authentic 1940 maybe 3 dated Rabbit Fur Cap, Pelmutze, Heer Eagle.

Never wanted one of these all that bad, but I liked this one, although the eagle had been ripped loose on one side, back together now. The rear attachment for the eagle is a flat aluminum prong coming from each wing, and one from behind the swastika. Not much in the way of a maker stamping, just the date, and size, as seen. Very small size, impossible to put on for an average adult male. A bit sweat stained inside, smells old, looks like the real deal?

Last edited by Larboard; 10-03-2015 at 02:17 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seemingly authentic 194 maybe 3 dated Rabbit Fur Cap, Heer Eagle.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks ok to me.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

100% original. I would happily own it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I like it..im not sure why these are not more 'collectible'..id own it as well

Thx guys, yes, it is a neat piece. Maybe it's a good thing some things are undervalued? I was worried that the hair would fall out easily and get on my other display items but it is actually quite sound. Went through many threads here (Thx Ade for the proper designation, since I was wondering) others posted upon bringing one home (including the thread where 1943 was being interpreted as 1948), and they all or nearly all had the fur flaps up, so they just look like a blob of fur, which makes it hard to see any construction details. I like them better displayed this way.

keep you warm in the winter.

Yes, definitely, no one likes cold ears... Might be nice to find a similar piece for winter wear, there seems to be quite a few out there without emblems.