Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction

Article about: This silk Crusher is on the block. I remember seeng a very good condition silk crusher here years ago. The accompanying text states that the silk crushers were used during 1936 Olympics and

?

Default Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction

This silk Crusher is on the block. I remember seeng a very good condition silk crusher here years ago.

The accompanying text states that the silk crushers were used during 1936 Olympics and other horse riding competition events. This was a tradition started pre-WWI, with Cavalry Officers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction   Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction  

Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction
    P
    Many

Default Re: Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction

Silk Cavalry Crusher on AuctionSilk Cavalry Crusher on AuctionI own this cap. Perhaps I should say that I inherited it from a fine collector, who recently died and far too young, at that.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-19-2013 at 08:03 PM.

FB stop posting that cap.................I cry and cry every time I see it................I want one !

cheers

Tony

Silk Cavalry Crusher on AuctionThe SS also had a silk cap, and I own one of those, too.Silk Cavalry Crusher on AuctionSilk Cavalry Crusher on Auction

- - Updated - -

Quote by spandau View Post
    FB stop posting that cap.................I cry and cry every time I see it................I want one !

cheers

Tony
    When I dump my collection, you are welcome to it, surely.

The silk field/service cap was used by officers in the Kaisers time for horse riding competitions as it was light and held on by a chin strap. Not sure about the 1936 Olympics claim as surely the army didn't represent Germany in the competition....although some noteable future officers in ww2 did !

The cap on auction looks interesting..................

I also think that a silk cap was used in the summer, too, since it was light, as you say. Silken-linen clothing is still worn in Germany in the summer by prosperous people.
    Also, German army officers surely did compete in the 1936 Olympics in numbers, in fact.

Silk Cavalry Crusher on AuctionSilk Cavalry Crusher on AuctionSilken and woolen cap cover for SS officer's caps compared. Both of these caps are from the Fa. Aug. Mueller, Muenchen.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-19-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Cracking cap comparison FB.

I will start saving for when you sell up.............now were did I put that euro millions ticket ?

Happy hats

Tony

?

Excellent caps. I can't comment on the first cap as Crushers are not my thing.

Silken top caps are stunning.

Pat

Quote by spandau View Post
    Cracking cap comparison FB.

I will start saving for when you sell up.............now were did I put that euro millions ticket ?

Happy hats

Tony
    Happy hats, to you, in turn, and I will keep you in mind when I dump it, which I shall do presently. It came from a nice collection of a man whom I respected and I wanted to help his family, which was more than destitute in the wake of his death. It is a nice cap, to be sure.

- - Updated - -

The silk black SS cap I bought first in 1974 and then sold in 1979 and bought it back a decade ago at a high price and much needless haggling.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast