Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer

Article about: Erich, So that's where you got this cap. Remind me to erase Paul Sacks name from my friend's list. Ha ha ha. No photo of the cap on Mikey's head? It will probably rot soon, so you should sen

?

Default Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer

This incredibly rare visor came from my good friend and legendary visor collector Paul Sack. A once in a lifetime catch!
    Comments welcome.
    Hope you all like it as much as I do!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer   Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer  

Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer   Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer

These photos show that the hat has always had just this metal adler with the bottom prong folded up and using just the two top prongs to attach to the hat, never had a flat wire adler.
    These silk tops were a special order item and on period catalog's one can see advertisements for them. I imagine this particular Panzer officer to have been high ranking and with a "Von" as part of his name.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer   Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer  

looks nice, good find, is there a maker inside or did they made them without makersmarks

?

Very nice , very Ally cap Erich
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Marvelous, spectacular piece. I own a black SS officer's cap with a silk cap cover, but the army field caps are especially pleasing. Silk caps were used in the armies prior to 1918, as well.

How much more useful is this thread than the trash heap thread we had the other day on a fake cap.
    The moderators also owe Ben VK and me an answer as concerns a sanitation squad for this space to prevent the bottom from dropping out here.
    Thanks again for the chance to admire your nice cap and do not pull it apart, either, since it is 70 years old and fragile.
    If you ever get bored with it, please write to me. A spectacular, poetic piece.

?

Beautiful cap.
    Silk ages badly.
    Try to keep it in a controled enviornment. Do not remove the eagle again unless it is absolutely necessary.
    You are right it is extremely rare. A magnificent example.
    SteveR

a partial image of my silk cap.[[/ATTACH]Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer It is on the left, but you can see it is of silk.

This is a crappy picture, to be sure, but my camera has gone to camera hell and I do not want another.

?

Thank you gentlemen for all the kind words! A peek at your silk top Allgemeine is a tease! I have fortunate enough to handle Karl Wolf's silk top, they are of incredible quality!

Default Re: Silk Top Crusher; Heer Panzer Officer

Thanks. Sorry that the image is lousy, but you can see the difference between the woolen and silken caps here. I am finished with cameras, of course, which is a pity I guess, but I cannot see well enough to use them well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast