Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.

Article about: Here's my new placeholder Schirmmütze for my officer display. I made sure to keep this poor guy in the freezer for a few days, and then I had to shake out a revolting amount of very dead mot

?

Default Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.

Here's my new placeholder Schirmmütze for my officer display. I made sure to keep this poor guy in the freezer for a few days, and then I had to shake out a revolting amount of very dead moth larva, bleh! I think that this is one that even BenVk couldn't bring back!!! However, it looks pretty good on my display I think. (I know that the Feldbluse is for an Unterfeldwebel, and isn't technically correct )

Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.

I have to say that I believe that this hat should win the "Most Mothed" cap award, as I have never truly seen a worse chomped on specimen than this one! I'm actually impressed by the havoc they managed to wreak on it! There must be some Fat moths in your house right about now! Wow!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.

Woo-hoo! I won! But, I think the moths are long gone, I made sure to freeze it, and all the gross little larva casings were very dead. For a first Schirmmütze I paid next to nothing for it and now I get to see upclose just how these were made, which is neat. It's stamped "1937" on the inner leather band.

Ouch! Moths have little regard or appreciation for historical items. I curse them!

On a better note, I think this may quite possibly be a Genuine cap and not a Repro...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by doomtown View Post
    I think that this is one that even BenVk couldn't bring back!!! However, it looks.... )

Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.Snack attack! My very heavily mothed Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütze. Not for the faint of heart.
    I would challenge him with thise one!!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

With a diet like that I would'nt be surprised if some of those moths did'nt developed small black moustaches and a somewhat belligerent attitude!

?

I absoloutely love it....when you find a good one let me know.....I'll buy this one off you....

?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    I absoloutely love it....when you find a good one let me know.....I'll buy this one off you....
    Hey Mate, I found it on german ebay, you have to be REALLY, REALLY careful, but if you are ok with very damaged pieces like this you can find some pretty good deals that are real because they are so rough. Stay away from any "SS" or "XX" stuff though, I think 110% of that stuff is fake. Heer stuff can be real sometimes though.

?

I just like thinking about how this piece of very damaged cloth was probably involved in either the invasion of France or Russia, or even both. Maybe it's just because I'm still new at collecting, but it amazes me that I can put this cap on my head and know that some gentleman in 1937 also wore this and was quite pleased with it, and then experienced the exhilarating feeling of the Wehrmacht invading enemy territory, and then at some point this hat was carelessly thrown into a trunk and forgotten about. I love that I can own something like this, simply amazing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast