Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sold today for 25,000 euro!

Article about: All too true my friend. Just this very evening I tried to interact with the members of a certain musical group that I've been a fan of since I was 14 or 15. Unfortunately, the IQ of members

Default Re: Sold today for 25,000 euro!

Supposed to be Generalstab:
    Attached Images Attached Images Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro! 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sold today for 25,000 euro!
    P
    Many

General. Note the vulkanfiber visors have too sharp of a ridge on these.
    Attached Images Attached Images Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro! 

These types with the sweatband tightener have been showing up more often of late, but these are not current repros, but are at lease from the early 90s

KM Admin:
    Attached Images Attached Images Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro! 

This one, imho, is the best of the bunch, but still a no-no: (it is for Flieger-HJ). Note the visor ridge.

Not so hard now to tell which one is original, right boys?:

As a postscript, these are the best of the mass-produced fakes, and it is a rare day you will see one sold as a repro. They also sit in many collections, even in advanced ones. They are not Frankensteins, but ground-up repros (no original parts). Most common are Muller, Erel, and CW. All are from the last 20 years. They also are over-padded and weigh more than originals. If you compare a real one to one of these side-by-side, there is no comparison. They simply are not able to replicate TR haberdashery today.

One last comparison. Real Erel logo on top, fake on bottom.

Who can spot the most obvious difference? (F-B, Bob, Ben, Karl, Derek, Matt and Jacques you all cannot play, sorry).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sold today for 25,000 euro!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Sold today for 25,000 euro! 

Great thread guys!

Speaking for myself I am content to merely sit on the sidelines, observe and refuse to play this game. The costs of success and the risks of failure are simply too great to contemplate. I recently got taken for $65 for a pair of post war stamped dog tags which was enough to make me want to gut the seller with a rusty garden implement, lord knows what revenge I would seek after being taken for 25 large.

To those willing to play the foetid woolen game I salute you, you are braver men than I, Gunga Din.

The way out of this trap is simple, really, and I shall not write this again here. Read this book and others and the thing becomes more obvious. Most of the caps above were made on the same templates of cloth and likely by the same cap maker, granted their shape as well as the crown piping. When one understands the rather subtle aspects of the thing which are revealed not by this freak gallery thing, but by reading in German the original sources, the struggle becomes more tractable.Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-21-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast