Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sos visors-by wiki

Article about: Here is a taste- I just got back—And I have 282 pics to go through- And sorry for the resolution— Bill Shea's table----

?

Quote by wiki View Post
    SOS visors 2016
    THE KM admin cap is one I bought two years ago and returned, consensus being that it's a fake.

BobS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sos visors-by wiki
    P
    Many

I will say this--there had to be between 50-75 SS visor caps being sold as real (and plenty of color-piped ones as well).
    I looked at maybe 4 or 5 of them, and recognized them as high-end fakes.
    After that, I didn't bother to look at a single SS visor for the rest of the show--just a waste of time.

95% of the visors at the show were (and are) currently on dealer sites.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I will say this--there had to be between 50-75 SS visor caps being sold as real (and plenty of color-piped ones as well).
    I looked at maybe 4 or 5 of them, and recognized them as high-end fakes.
    After that, I didn't bother to look at a single SS visor for the rest of the show--just a waste of time.

95% of the visors at the show were (and are) currently on dealer sites.
    I did not attend the SOS this year, and I have to say that, as least as far as the "name" dealers, it looks the the same old, same old. I swear I have seen some of those caps for years, still with their price tags as inflated as the Hindenburg.
    I can't say that it encourages me to take the 6 hour drive again next year, at least the MAX is only a half hour away!

BobS

Bob--
    It is a fun time from the perspective of seeing people I had not seen in a while, and also hanging with my "crew", but if you are going there to buy a visor hat, there really was nothing there that one could not get w/ the click of a mouse.

You are right about the prices--it was as if the Great Recession never happened....

Exhaustive Bryan..well done
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's certainly true when said that there are few high end pieces to be had at the SOS for anything resembling a good price or a bargain. But then again, there never has been. Still, I find the photos interesting to see and can only lament that of all the tables shown, perhaps only 1 or 2 were identified. Do the dealers object to having their names posted by the shots of their tables?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default That is probably my fault

Wagriff— I try to take as many pics of visors as I can-Good and bad and sometimes very bad- But I have a hard time distinguishing the dealers with the pics-With385 pics I can't realistically put the dealer with the
    correct visors-But— Next year I will attempt to identify the dealer prior to the pics of the visors so I can get closer to giving you guys a better focus— Problem is many times there is no real identification on the tables as to who the dealer is-so you just have to go with it—My purpose is to share with the people that can't attend a sample of what is shown—I walked around the show with "Stonemint" and had an incredible experience-Learned A lot!—Saw some amazing visors !
    B

True that, and as said,we do appreciate the photos...but,as far as identification, perhaps a small pocket notebook could fix the problem...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks for theses pictures.

Wagriff--the bulk of wiki's photos are of The Ruptured Duck; Ron Wolin; Paul Sack; and Mike Halverson of The Marshal's Baton.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast