Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Officers Black Cap

Article about: Recently posted on WAF and I suggested that we discuss it here and got the approval of the poster. I'm slightly concerned by the lack of any ink stamps on the RZM tag plus the hat seems to h

?

Default SS Officers Black Cap

Recently posted on WAF and I suggested that we discuss it here and got the approval of the poster.

I'm slightly concerned by the lack of any ink stamps on the RZM tag plus the hat seems to have spun rayon crown piping, which is unusual for a 1936 cap IMO or is it?

My other concern is the SB stitching which is very stop/start but perhaps I'm being too cynical in this area based on the amount of hats I've restored.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Black Cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Officers Black Cap

I suggested to the interest party on waf that we post it here.

I'm a bit concerned. Any reason that you cam think of that the RZM tag is almost bank?

I'm also slightly nervous of some of the stitching but I know that this is my domain and is not necessarily everyone's forte!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Black Cap   SS Officers Black Cap  

SS Officers Black Cap  

?

Apologies for the confusion between posts, my internet connection flopped out half way through the first post.

The use of a 1936 pattern political national emblem along with the Danzig form of Totenkopf added with your concerns are a red flag. At the price of original officer examples, the fakers can not afford to purchase genuine SS insignia. The badges on this cap are easier to come by and also more affordable. If a fake, the the scoundrals are getting better at their craft as witnessed by the previous other ranks cap we all discussed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

My gut reaction is no. Simply put, I do not like the lining, sweatband, or shape of the cap. At the latest, this tag was last used in 1936. The eagle is either an M-36 political eagle or an M-38 state eagle. I would expect to see the standard full-jawed Totenkopf at this stage. Hat has way too much Sattel for the era. It also has the reverse-twist cords, while not dispositive, are a red flag when seen on an SS cap.

I need to see close-ups of the velvet band attachments.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

I have to agree your concerns Chris. Some very odd elements to this cap that don't add up.

SS Officers Black CapWithout wanting unduly to beat a dead horse, but as concerns a point in # 2, the RZM circulars remind the cap maker to stamp the license number in the Hersteller
    rubric, which indicates, naturally, that this step was not done in some cases. The retail license number is often not present, either.