Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction

Article about: Hi all. This cap has been floundering on Craigs Gottlieb site for awhile now and It is now listed on his next auction. Ive allways liked this cap as it shows a GI wearing the same cap back i

Default re: SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction

Nope...the nice black officers visor. (by Sayle F ...not SSamir...my mistake!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction
    P
    Many

Sayle F's cap is a much nicer cap and can likely be had for the amount of money you have in mind. He's an acquaintance of mine, in fact. His cap is an enlisted cap that has been upgraded, but without the velvet band.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-29-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Thank you stonemint for confirming my suspension. I am no expert, but I will always be willing to learn. My eyes lie on the two still available on Bruce's site, especially the one made by marker 143, August Mueller. The interior is exceptional. Not to dismiss the one from what looks to be, marker 195. Much more affordable and still very nice. Of course, they are both NCO, but that's something that doesn't bother me.

He also has these, too, which are relevant to this thread.
    SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction

Stunning! And with this dealer, refunds are honored if need be.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 07-30-2013 at 07:25 AM.

The description for the visor posted by Stonemint.

"Exceptional quality SS General's black visor cap produced by Erel (Robert Lubstein). The cap, when brought back by the veteran, was in excellent condition showing little use. Unfortunately, it was stored for years under a work bench, and unbeknownst to the family, a can of varnish or shellac slowly leaked into the cap......correct visor with criss-cross reverse."

It will surely sell for around 3k, at least. I guess he's found a ambiguity for his description. Note he never said it was a veteran of the Second World War or how many years it was stored.

SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionHow grateful am I, then, that no cans of varnish nor Krugerl of Bier nor Dr. Breuer's combination of urine, bee's wax and cigar ash.....befouled the interior of these items.
    The very idea of the slow leakage of varnish under the work bench into such items arouses in me the deepest revulsion and horror.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-30-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Most matters associated with Gottlieb end up in farce, truth be told. His outsize impact on the biotope constitutes a real drag on the struggle to advance things, and, if I may say so, there are enough more or less honest dealers and others here to fulfill many needs. The can of spilled varnish is yet another low point in a litany of such descending spots into madness and chaos. All that notwithstanding, Gottlieb has some real SS caps, actually, and in this respect to each his own.
    I have never bought anything from him and do not hope to start, either. But such is my posture, and others here are free to do as they wish and be as pleased as they wish to be, in turn.

?

He has it posted on his site for 11,995

Pfui!

SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionSS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionThe Totenschaedel is a "41" stinker from the 1960s, when I was a pup. Perhaps I will go drink the varnish under the work bench in despair and horror.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast