Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction

Article about: Hi all. This cap has been floundering on Craigs Gottlieb site for awhile now and It is now listed on his next auction. Ive allways liked this cap as it shows a GI wearing the same cap back i

Default SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction

Hi all.
    This cap has been floundering on Craigs Gottlieb site for awhile now and It is now listed on his next auction.
    Ive allways liked this cap as it shows a GI wearing the same cap back in the day.
    If I rember correctly he had it listed originally for 12k which was to $$$ for this kid.
    I was thinking around the 6-7 k mark would this be around the market value for such a cap with all the other items included in the sale.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated as I,m going to start saving my pennies if you guys give me some pointers.
    This will be my first foray into owning a SS cap and I want to do it right.
    Rgds Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction  SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction   SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction  

SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction  

A decent cap, for sure, but I would absolutely have the ersatz sweatband restored as Gottleib suggests-it's only partly there, in any case. Sadly, this would not repair the underside of the Visor,however. It does have a noticeable hole in the cloth also...
    Abit on the high side for price and condition, but the values have been rising these last few years.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I've been informed the black ss visor on that auction is fake. Buyer beware, even with proof of forgery, a refund is quite unlikely. Hopefully none of our members here will be fooled.

As for the op cap, I, too, like it. The fact that the insignia positioning matches that of the insigina in the photo adds a desirability to it, IMO. The price is a little high, however. Especially when one considers the condition of the interior.

Yes ive allways like this cap but not 12k like it etc.
    Crazy thing is it will be probably fetch 9k plus which is just out of my range etc.
    Kindest rgds peter

Just went there--the black SS general visor has either a brushed-cotton or plain wool band.

As they said when they encountered the killer rabbit on Monty Python, "run away!"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction   SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction  

SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction   SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auction  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

SS Officers grey Schirmmütze on Craig G next auctionThe grey cap is quite real and easily fixed, especially by our own artisan, Mr. Ben. I think SS caps go for more than you posit, but don't ask me, as I over pay as a rule. If someone will show me the bargain basement and bomb proof SS cap depot, I will camp there happily.
    I am not fond of the vendor myself, but the piece itself is authentic. Here is a real black general's cap, by the way, since the sight of the real thing is rather scarce here with the ongoing freak show.

Good luck with getting an idea on how much one would cost. I can't.

Personally, I'd rather spend abit more and pick up the cap by SSamir in the classifieds....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Personally, I'd rather spend abit more and pick up the cap by SSamir in the classifieds....
    The fez cap?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast