Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms

Article about: Two photos of the SS white top with black piping. I'm pretty sure they're known as SS Olympics caps Interesting to see one of them has the early skull.

?

Default SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms

Two photos of the SS white top with black piping. I'm pretty sure they're known as SS Olympics caps

Interesting to see one of them has the early skull.

SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniformsSS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms
    P
    Many

Probably due to the fact that over the years the only known photographs of the cap with the black piping being worn were taken at the Olympics.
    d'Alquen

SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniformsThe images of the cap in white, and of the SS Reiter used in the vol. I of the Mollo book are found in this picture book of the epoch.

Years ago I did extensive research on the white caps and am convinced that the cap with black piping was only worn at the Olympics. I was at NARA for a long time going through all their NSDAP photographic holdings and the only time the pictures of the black piped caps appeared was in pictures of the Olympics and always worn by Berlin cavalry regiment 7. This was a specific set of his glass negatives covering only the Olympic Games. I felt from the photos that the SS might have played some sort of protocol role at those summer games.
    Here is one of Hoffmann's images that clearly shows another Olympic uniformed individual to confirm the date and location.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms  

FB:is there more rare material in that book you showed?
    Could you show it to us, please! I am very interested to
    see other pictures where white headgear is beuing worn.
    Maybe it can solve some questions......

There is the one picture that is in Mollo and, I think, the picture of the curvy woman and the SS Reiter in the weisser Montur. The book is chiefly one of the many pictorials on the Olmypics known to us all.
    Riefenstahl did a high quality one that I do not own. There are the cigarette card books, which everyone has.
    I will look again. Mr. D. D'Alquen has all the picutres of white uniforms.
    My best to you and thanks for your very fine role on this site. We are deeply grateful to you.
    FB

Here is one of the Hoffmann Olympic images that suggested to me that the cavalry unit played some sort of role at the Olympics. Although none of the images are captioned this certainly looks like an equestrian event. The Berlin 7th Reiterstandarte was quite an exclusive, uppercrust group of horsemen and it would certainly make sense for them to have a role vis-a-vis visiting gentry.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms  

Exquisite photos gentlemen...as I am not a cap and uniform collector...none the less..still beneficial these images for rare reference. I am grateful for your knowledge here..and have found use of 2 of these photos and placed them in the Period Photo "In wear" Forum. I thank you gentlemen once again..for affording me to help advance the Edged weapons forum here on the WRF. The images below I have given credit. Thank you. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms   SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wouldn't it be great to rename this thread into:

There is more to show!!

I have renamed the thread.

Nice images guys.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast