Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unknown Uniforms

Article about: This was posted on another forum. Any idea as to which organization he belonged to?:

Default Unknown Uniforms

This was posted on another forum.
    Any idea as to which organization he belonged to?:

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	983227  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I am guessing that the 2 men on the right are wearing either ADAC or early DDAC visors:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	philipp-bouhler-in-munich-around-1934-FD81ER.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	991359  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

CBH
    ?

I think the shoulder boards would be the way to ID the first uniform , I've seen them somewhere but i couldn't find them when I looked . The square and circle rank is uncommon .
    Cheers Chris

I cannot recall which organisation/unit this uniform is for:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I cannot recall which organisation/unit this uniform is for:
    He's an SA member wearing the SA-Übungsanzug [SA training-/exercise dress] introduced in 1933 and also adopted by the NSKK.

The 2 lace bars on his collar patch identify a Gruppenführer [in this case a group-/squad leader; not the SA general rank].

A higher resolution scan of the photo can be found here:

Antique Photos - Gallery - Category:

Andreas is always right. We have several images of this Montur in the SS section. This organization was crucial to the build up of the armed SS, that is,
    more or less in the wake of the Roehm Putsch.
    damit, basta.

Posted on the WAF. The old SA book says it was probably worn by members of the SA-Stabswache, but I await Wim's input on the matter:

Name:	14237607_1267121353300497_2827553267018316824_n (1).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	995402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14225390_1267121446633821_4656651236736973205_n.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	995403  

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Personally, I don't think there is any Stabswache connection. Nothing in these uniforms points in that direction. Also note the age of the men. Not what I'd expect from that kind of guard unit.

Surely, these are school uniforms of some kind. Uniforms of this cut were definitely worn by those attending courses at an NSDAP Gauschule.

The cuff titles are the really interesting thing here... They appear to be the Gothic-letter “Adolf Hitler“ cuff titles generally believed to be a rare, short-lived, first or intermediary pattern worn by the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler. However, they are not fully visible, so I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that there is a third word after the “Hitler“. (At first, I thought it might be Adolf-Hitler-Schule(n), but there is a clearly no hyphen.)

But as you said, let's see what Wim has to say.

Appears to be Lapo wearing WH insignia on his visor:

Name:	$_57.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	997597  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Uniforms of this cut were definitely worn by those attending courses at an NSDAP Gauschule.
    But as you said, let's see what Wim has to say.
    Sorry, not much. I also think they indeed are uniforms as worn at the one or the other
    political school-system as Gauschule. The style and cut is like them. But I cannot
    explain the cuffband. I am sure I do not have information about them.

They surely are no Stabswache, as they were renamed into Wachstandarte when
    Lutze became the chief of the SA and definitely known as such since December 1935.
    From this grew the Feldherrnhalle, it's official title since September 11, 1936 as
    SA-Wachstandarte Feldherrnhalle.

By the way post 4 is not the SA-Übungsanzug, but in the Anzugsordnung referred as
    "Dienstanzug für Schulen und Lagern des Chefs des Ausbildungswesens" with its
    full name. Students did wear the SA-Übungsanzug, but the guy is a so-called
    "Ausbilder" (training personnel) or "Lehrer" (teacher). Just a small correction!
    It was indeed adopted by the NSKK, but before that known as "Anzug auf den Reichs-
    und Gruppenschulen der Motor-SA
    ".

Post 2 are officials from the DDAC, wearing the authorized greyish dress, as announced in
    spring 1934.
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast