Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unusual Heer Chaplain's Schirmmütze , or....?

Article about: Violet or purple we agree. My wife also says it is violet and we all agree woman are better judges of color shades. If you have ever redecorated a house, you will know what I mean.

Default re: Unusual Heer Chaplain's Schirmmütze , or....?

Violet or purple we agree. My wife also says it is violet and we all agree woman are better judges of color shades. If you have ever
    redecorated a house, you will know what I mean.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Heer Chaplain's Schirmmütze , or....?
    P
    Many

?

Just my $.02 but this is not a cap I would want in the collection regardless of farbe. From the two photos posted I see more exposed stitching than on Frankenstein which raises huge red flags for me.

?

Are there any markings under the sweatband?

Thank you for your opinion.Yes, exposed stitching can be a red flag ,especially if there are other issues with the hat.Exposed stitching is not uncommon on sweatband and waffenfarbe with visors hats made by cottage makers.This phenomenum has been extensively discussed on threads in this forum and WAf forum.This hat is a genuine prewar tellermutze that will remain in my collection for a long time. The intrigue with this visor is the waffenfarbe color.The dispute on the piping color will never be completely resolved as long as
    opinions exist.

No markings under sweatband

?

This thread should help in any questions surrounding the OP cap.

Per Chris Liontass:
    taken from :
    Violet vs. Blue waffenfarbe - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

"THERE WAS NO CHAPLAIN ASSITANT BRACH!!!

For G-d Sake people, dont get taken by the ruse. Chaplain assisitant were local men that helpend the Heerespfarrer set up shop. He was a Beeamte for goodness sake, so if there were assistants, they would have had DARK GREEN waffenfabre!!!"

I have seen Chris's thread before and it does help.However,it still remains a mystery.

Hi

I reckon you can look at fabre till you go dizzy but usually the first glance you make determines the best quess at these ambigious colours. I still reckon blue for medical.................sorry.

I have been after a chaplins cap for years and have handled many of these types of cap..............you need to be 100% sure and I ain't found one yet.

cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,
    I bought the cap as a medical cap.Only when I received it,and looked at it in hand ,and started to search medical cap threads,did I
    begin to question the fabre color.I will leave it as medical ,but with tongue in cheek.I respect your valued opinion on such matters.
    As long as I have your attention,I would like to hear your opinion on the exposed stitching.This cap has its fair share of it.If you read
    through this thread,you will see what I found out from research on both forums as well as headgear books.I really like this cap and all
    the intrigue and discussions it brings with it.
    Regards
    Peter

Hi Peter

You have the cap in hand so your best placed to make the call. I look at the pics and base my opinion on experience and managing any expectations. If you bought it as a medical then you have lost nothing but gained everything if it turns out to be a chaplins......hell, I hope it is ! We all dream of that lucky find or chance of fate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast