Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

very salty Heer pioneer feldmütze

Article about: Bought this today at a fleamarket. Looks to have had a black soutache which has been removed, as has the cockade. Has lining inside the dome panel and a sweatband, grommets look to be origin

Default re: very salty Heer pioneer feldmütze

Thank you Patrick. Agree, it's not something you see often, mostly if they are in poor condition, they are full of moth holes, this with the burning, however it was caused is something else.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Nice side cap shame about the couple of conditon problems it has reminds me of one of my welding caps Jerry.

Regards Mark K
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice side cap shame about the couple of conditon problems it has reminds me of one of my welding caps Jerry.

Regards Mark K

My first thoughts was it was that type of damage, as I used to do welding and other stuff during my apprenticeship and later. Which of course, it might be. probably never know for sure. I prefer to think it happened when the halftrack he was in was hit by allied fire and the soldier with the the PIAT picked it up as a souvenir! Or he let loose with his flammenwerfer and the wind changed direction or his target exploded showering him with burning debris or !!!! etc....

We will never know, probably
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123