MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Visor Attachment

Article about: Morning, all! Would anyone be able to identify the organization that would have worn this wreath? Only photo I have at the moment. Searches online and in Robbie Wilson's book were fruitless.

?

Default Visor Attachment

Morning, all! Would anyone be able to identify the organization that would have worn this wreath? Only photo I have at the moment. Searches online and in Robbie Wilson's book were fruitless. Thanks in advance!

Visor Attachment

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor Attachment
    P
    Many

This cap badge was worn by certain civilian officials/employees of the Luftwaffe, namely by personnel of the Fliegerhorstfeuerwehren [airfield firefighting services], by Pförtner [doormen], Fahrstuhlführer [elevator operators] and Wächter [guards].

A smaller version of this badge (2.6 cm wide) was worn on the collars of the service dress of the doormen, elevator operators and guards.

[Up until 1938, this design was also used as the first version civilian badge for employees and laborers of the National Aviation Administration [Zivilabzeichen für Angestellte und Arbeiter der Reichsluftfahrtverwaltung].]

See here for examples of the badge in situ:

Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    This cap badge was worn by certain civilian officials/employees of the Luftwaffe, namely by personnel of the Fliegerhorstfeuerwehren [airfield firefighting services], by Pförtner [doormen], Fahrstuhlführer [elevator operators] and Wächter [guards].

[A smaller version of this badge (2.6 cm wide) was worn on the collars of the service dress of the doormen, elevator operators and guards.]
    Thank you, sir! I would have never been able to figure that out.

It would be the larger version. The full photo below. Using the two belt buckles for scale (about 6.35 cm each), the badge would be about 11cm wide.

Found these images on the forum, with examples of badge being worn.

Dark burgundy armband with Luftwaffe eagle?

Visor Attachment

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

See here for examples of the badge in situ:

Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!
    Thank you for the link. I sure wish the visor was included.

Bravo, Andreas! Mr. Mint has images of this kind of cap somewhere.

PS which Andreas found for us. The RLM was a big, modern building, to be sure.

the letter opener is Belgium,the pissing boy.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    the letter opener is Belgium,the pissing boy.
    Thanks for the ID, Harry! Another item that would have probably taken me forever to ID.

as mentioned by HPL2008:

For your interest, the wearing of it in close-up:

Visor Attachment

Here is one from my collection...........the badge was real enough but the cap turned out to be post war fire service ! An early learning curve on the pit falls of cap collecting....

Visor Attachment

?

Thank you, gentlemen!