Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )

Article about: This visor was sold as Stahlhelmbund visor but was totally misidentified..... After discovering 3 "empty" holes at the front and spotting a ghost of large state eagle I knew that t

DRK
    ?

Default Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )

This visor was sold as Stahlhelmbund visor but was totally misidentified.....
    After discovering 3 "empty" holes at the front and spotting a ghost of large state eagle I knew that this had to be somekind of civil visor.

After doing some research I found that this hat is a Berlin Strassenbahn visor.
    The Berlin Straßenbahn visors had a large ( 56 mm ) gilt state eagle ( see attached original sampleboard for the Berlin Straßenbahn ( BVG ) at the bottom of this post ).

Straßenbahn visors were often worn without leather chin straps but sometimes a strap was attached.

This could be a visor worn by woman because of the very small size , 52 1/2 , I have never seen a visor so small in my collecting years......

Here are some pics..... Theo ( link to this visor on my website :
    Straßenbahn ( 1 ) - " Die Heimat "Third Reich Civil & Political Headgear 1933 - 1945 )

Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )

Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )
    Last edited by DRK; 06-27-2014 at 05:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )
    P
    Many

I like the sample board. Is any of our members able to send me a
    good photo with a good resolution? PM me, please! I really would
    appreciate this.....

Nice research Theo, Sometimes these visors also appear badged as either customs or admin.

Looks like it may well be a Peküro made one as well.

cheers

Tony

DRK
    ?

I'm happy that nobody put a wreath around the cockade to make it look like a customs or admin visor !!
    That would have ruined the visor permanently....

Theo

Quote by spandau View Post
    Nice research Theo, Sometimes these visors also appear badged as either customs or admin.

Looks like it may well be a Peküro made one as well.

cheers

Tony

Great thread!...

?

Fabulous cap!

Nice !

DRK
    ?

The visor cap of the Berlin Strassenbahn in wear :

I either missed this thread the first time around, or completely forgot about it(!)--not the first time.
    Anyway, here is another:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )   Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )  

Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )   Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

The above hat is on Ebay again, only this time w/o the cockade, and is being sold as a Forestry cap.
    I have trouble believing that this is a Berlin Tram visor, given that it was made in Darmstadt:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )   Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn )  

Attached Images Attached Images Visor cap Berlin tramway / streetcar ( Straßenbahn ) 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast