Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

visor cap waffen SS

Article about: Hello, What do you think of this visor cap? Thank you for your comments

Default visor cap waffen SS

Hello,
    What do you think of this visor cap?
    Thank you for your commentsvisor cap waffen SSvisor cap waffen SSvisor cap waffen SSvisor cap waffen SS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement visor cap waffen SS
    P
    Many

It's a well constructed piece. However imo the material is incorrect (trying to be grey italian cloth?) see attached thread. Also the crooked upper white piping is a concern for me and I also think the black band should be velvet for an officer grade cap, this one looks wool. I would too think the missing tk would of left a discoloration spot on the black band as the eagle had done on the caps peak. Lastly the grey/black sweatband is incorrect imo. Best regards.

Brian

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

?

Italian is what I thought of, too, bsiwula1 - not the fabric, but the construction. I think I saw a similar piece somewhere here on the forum, when I find it, I'll post the link.

Facing the danger of making a fool of myself: Could be a late(r) war, foreign-made cap.

Any chances of more pictures, "under the hood"-shots of the sweatband, of how the lining is attached, how the piping joins?

A pity F.-B. is no longer here, he could have told on first glance.

[QUOTE

Facing the danger of making a fool of myself: Could be a late(r) war, foreign-made cap.

A pity F.-B. is no longer here, he could have told on first glance.[/QUOTE]

No fool brother I hold your opinion in extremely high regard. It would be nice to have the cap be authentic as noted it is well made. And I agree it would be nice to have him the man FB chime in. Kindest regards.

Brian

Here's an italian cloth cap for reference. ErWeSa any luck on finding the thread? I m excited to see what the outcome will be, this would be a super nice find if it s determined to be a real Italian made cap. Best regards.

Brian

visor cap waffen SSvisor cap waffen SSvisor cap waffen SSvisor cap waffen SS

Cap and images from this site.

SS RELICS - WAFFEN-SS TUNICS, SS HEADGEAR, SS POSTERS, SS UNIFORMS, SS INSIGNIA, SS ALLACH PORCELAIN

Thank you for your presences that interest me very much.
    But the most important is whether this cap visor is original or a copy.
    I asked for more pictures from the inside.
    As soon as I have received them, I will send them to you.

Gents, I am not a fan of this cap, in terms of shape, construction or materials. (even the bug hit to the lining is fake).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Hello Brian,
    guess I didn't make a complete fool of myself, I remembered correctly to have seen a similar cap, now I found it, unfortunately in the questionable visor cap thread (post # 39): SS Gray-Top White-Piped EM/NCO Schirmmuetzen

and another one, post # 46, same thread!

and a similar one, (different fabric, but gray sweatband/beige lining, post # 15): SS-Gray-Top White-Piped OFFICER Schirmmuetzen
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 09-30-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Thank you for your interest.
    Here are two pictures of the Inside.visor cap waffen SSvisor cap waffen SS

ErWeSa the one in post 39 is a spot on match heck of memory. A shame as this and that one is so very well made. Like I said that wool band with visor cords for me was it, yeah commonly done to try ty increase value EM to officer convert but seeing two the same, one missing each others complimentary insignia is weird. The second cap has a bad eagle on her. But I still protest you sir are NO fool, that's one hell of a memory and great research. I thank you for your time looking as I know how aggravating it can be to search for something you once seen a million threads ago. Great contribution!! Kindest regards.

Brian

Edit:sorry I looked at #46 in the second thread for the eagle. Yes the second one in the first thread is spot on too! Best regards.

Brian