Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)

Article about: Adolf Hitler’s – Leader of Nazi Germany Visor Hat There can be no more recognizable hat during World War II than that of Adolf Hitler’s wartime gray visor hat with the tall red brown band th

It just came to me that the AH visor was being pushed as an original by a now-banned member 3 years ago--some fun reading:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...1939-a-183004/
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)
    P
    Many

?

Perhaps I should try to make a couple of these and then retire.

?

The dealer offering these steaming piles really needs to held accountable for not properly vetting his wares, and ignorance is no excuse, especially when the asking prices have entered collector car territory!
    If, for example, a prominent auction house offered , say a 1966 Shelby GT-350 Mustang, they would not get many, if any bids, if the car's VIN was incorrect, or missing, or if it did not come with a plethora of documents pertaining to the vehicle's history. Thus, if it's a correct engine, but a replacement, not the original, that lowers the value; a color change from the original may also hurt value.
    A REAL collector of TR headgear; one who has educated himself in many ways, and has handled a wide variety of caps, good and bad, would realize quite quickly that the AH & HG caps are repros.
    Is the dealer hoping that notoriety and exclusivity trump common sense, and some bozo with more money than sense can buy ole' Adolf's cap and show it off to his clueless friends?
    I'd be curious to ascertain the actual "provenance" of these caps, and the actual acquistion costs of the dealer. I won't hold my breath, of course.

BobS

Perhaps, a blast from the past?

One of these looks familiar . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)  

NC--that thing has bounced around more than a pinball in a pinball machine!
    When/where those pics taken?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    NC--that thing has bounced around more than a pinball in a pinball machine!
    When/where those pics taken?
    The cap in my photos, I came across back in January of 2012 - in the back room of a local establishment . . . but was never certain whatever came of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)  

The absurdity of this is akin to my taking this hat to the dealer, telling him it is Napoleons, and his listing it for $2.4 million:
    ("hey, it has a rosette and a bicorn shape, so it must be Napoleons")
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)   The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)  

FYI, yes, I am pi**ed off about this --it is a classic example as to why people are leaving the hobby in droves.
    Listing this beginner-level crap as the actual hat of Hitler and Goring only serves to reinforce the perception that this hobby is irretrievably broken.

I should add that this is the Auctioneers response to a forum member advising him that the consensus was that the hats were bad (this was back on March 17th--one week ago):

"William - Thank you send me the link---- I should have had them looked at 1st--- but will take them off line and then send them out to be authenticated. Thanks for the update, and please post that I will take them off line until authenticated
    But send me a link to the blog site or forum and I will respond there too in a few days...
    Regards
    Gary"

?

Yes, indeed Chris, there is absolutely NO excuse for a "high end" dealer, or any dealer, to not vett his offerings, epecially those he is asking SIX FIGURES for!!!!!!!!!
    Reflects very, very poorly on this "hobby."

BobS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3