Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Visor ID??

Article about: Guys, This one has me stumped. Any thoughts. It's not mine but a friends. Have not had it in hand so can't say much more. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Michael

In post # 34 of this thread, there is an elevator/doorman visor with a red (vs Bordeaux-red) band (still unexplained).
    I am just speculating, but maybe your hat is a wartime example with a variant red band (but who knows):

Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor ID??
    P
    Many

Quote by spandau View Post
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...82055p2063.jpg

This one is in the unreferenced Weimar visors thread. I also remember a few years back one of the French dealers, Bernard M...or someone like that, had a visor he was selling as early TR general staff with a red band and red piping......was this the one you saw Wim ?

cheers

Tony
    Tony, I think this is the one you are referencing--it was sold on numerous auctions as being Generalstab (I never bought into that claim):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor ID??   Visor ID??  

Thanks.........That's exactly the one !

Erich K asked me about it a few years back and we just couldn't see how it could be Gen. Stab.
    Some things just keep going round in circles...............

cheers

Tony

MAP
    ?

Great detective work. I'm on the road and will look at these in more detail when I'm not looking at a two inch cell phone screen!

Thanks to everyone. This was a great and enjoyible thread.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Comparison photos:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor ID??   Visor ID??  

Attached Images Attached Images Visor ID?? 

Colors look different to me. Seems abit too much for just a variation in fabrics.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Found a photo with a cap suchlike, but without a wreath. I do own this photo for at least 25 years.
    The owner of the cap told it to be early Heerespfarrer, but I have no idea if this was correct. I do
    not have the time to check all of the regulations. Their color was described as violet, as far as I know!

Staff had carmine color......

My thoughts "whirl" for Technischer Gestützdienst, but I am not 100% as I cannot find the
    description for the uniform. I know their piping was red. Neither can I find the photos from this,
    but they did wear the wreath and eagle. My files are a "mess" these days, sorry!

Visor ID??

MAP
    ?

Thanks Win! Appreciate the digging by you and everyone else.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

OK guys. Some more pictures. Maybe these will help. Primarily they are just close up pictures of parts of the visor.

My friend says there are NO other holes in the pasteboard that he can see.

Any more thoughts would be great!

Michael

Visor ID??Visor ID??Visor ID??Visor ID??Visor ID??Visor ID??

Could it be this? Sorry for the vague photo from a magazine
    from April 1940!!

Visor ID??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast