Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Visors

Article about: Hello, the rookie again. Some new caps, as I mentioned before I have no, or limeted knowledge, so could someone please help me to identify these two visors, if its a fake, what are they pret

Default Re: Visors

Our site has more photos of authentic black SS caps than anywhere in the internet. If you examine the photos we have posted here in their hundreds if not more, I am sure the differences will be pretty obvious to you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors   Visors  

Visors  
    Attached Images Attached Images Visors 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visors
    P
    Many

One hint: the crown piping on authentic caps is of an unmistakable quality, never imitated by fakes. This is because this sort of piping represented a particular challenge only mastered by those cap makers and otherwise military tailors schooled in the craft of same as opposed to other forms of tailoring, haberdashery pp.

Ergo, the fakes always have dorky looking crown piping. So compare your piece with those we have posted for you.

Sapere aude!

hi,
    its obivous that its not like the other visors presented here, even for me, but with no knowledge, just wondered what it could be, if its not a totally fake???
    about the piping, is it the same with a officers M43 field cap??

Gustav jr

?

Gustav -

There are several issues with your cap.

But do compare the crown piping with the next 3 images of the real thing:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors  

?

And further:

?

And furher:

?

And another:

Thanks, Bruce, what nice images of your fine Muetzen!

The images of the cap badges are also pleasing.

We see here so many things: the color of the white piping after seventy odd years; the texture of the Muetzentrikot, as well as its appearance in the side panels, front panels, and Muetzenband; the insignia with their Neusilber finish, generally.

Thanks.

Quote by gustav jr View Post
    hi,
    its obivous that its not like the other visors presented here, even for me, but with no knowledge, just wondered what it could be, if its not a totally fake???
    about the piping, is it the same with a officers M43 field cap??

Gustav jr
    The peaked cap had a plainly different structure from an M 43 cap. The piping of the former was constructed differently, and was integrated and or supported by a steel wire sewn into the crown. Even in those cases where no such steel wire, or Stahlreifen, existed, the appearance of the piping reflects military standards of cap making.

Attached here is a page from "Die Praxis der Muetzenmacherei," an invaluable reference in this struggle to know the truth.

Happy Stahlreifen.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The peaked cap had a plainly different structure from an M 43 cap. The piping of the former was constructed differently, and was integrated and or supported by a steel wire sewn into the crown. Even in those cases where no such steel wire, or Stahlreifen, existed, the appearance of the piping reflects military standards of cap making.

Attached here is a page from "Die Praxis der Muetzenmacherei," an invaluable reference in this struggle to know the truth.

Happy Stahlreifen.
    Once again, a fantastic post--the construction regs for an Admin Visor, down to the vents! A lot more went into the construction of these lids than the average collector even considers:
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast