Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

W-SS visor for review: an old friend

Article about: Like others on this forum, just guessing, I have paid said author/dealer a fair sum over the years for some very nice things. Stone: Yes, do explain your CW designation for this cap, if you

Default Re: W-SS visor for review: an old friend

Quote by Frog View Post
    Carlsson -

Thanks; I am the village idiot when it comes to insignia, and so I cannot comment.

But - the thing is not unissued, for certain. It's just that the exterior has been exceptionally well maintained.
    This is one of the concepts the newer collectors have trouble understanding, ie, that one can have a hat showing wear (even much wear) on the inside, yet be stone-mint on the outside.
    It is the opposite which is a red-flag, ie, a stone-mint interior with a salty exterior....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: W-SS visor for review: an old friend

The task becomes easier when one has actually looked at a number of authentic caps over time in depth versus these at times misleading computer jpgs and bmps. and other ps....

Many seekers of truth live a voyeur existence from these images, which, are by no means the last word in our quest for historical head wear.

The Bruce Antiquefrog cap is much nicer in person than its photos here, and an exceptional piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    damit, basta.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234