Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze

Article about: The shape of the cap does not me feel better, even if I look at the details

Default Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze

Hello Friends,

is it real interior for w-ss visor hat?

Thx for all opinions.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze  
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze

From that pictures looks not good for even if it's ss or not. Artificialy aged wrong liner and pig's skin fat and modern sweatband. Too fat wool edge...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    From that pictures looks not good for even if it's ss or not. Artificialy aged wrong liner and pig's skin fat and modern sweatband. Too fat wool edge...
    Hello Dimas,

how you recognize pig's skin fat and modern sweatband?

?

By color and look, too "hairy" reverse, also please look the faded liner's cloth under the sweatband, and not touched colors under the diamond...
    Also some of the rest of diamond which is still intact, usually that parts are cracked and missed firstly. Try to remove the piece of diamond and try it with the fire- if intencive burn, then it's a celluloid- if soft and melt- plastic ( in the 95% must be celluloid which are hardened due of age)
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    By color and look, too "hairy" reverse, also please look the faded liner's cloth under the sweatband, and not touched colors under the diamond...
    Also some of the rest of diamond which is still intact, usually that parts are cracked and missed firstly. Try to remove the piece of diamond and try it with the fire- if intencive burn, then it's a celluloid- if soft and melt- plastic ( in the 95% must be celluloid which are hardened due of age)
    Thank you for your HELP, it isnt my Hat

here is: alte Mütze von der Infanterie bei eBay.de: 1918-1945 (endet 18.10.08 21:19:09 MESZ)

front
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze  

?

This one is is famous hand of MR Balai from St.Petersburg made...
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    This one is is famous hand of MR Balai from St.Petersburg made...
    I am sorry, but who is it (Mr. Balai from s.P)?

?

The guy who makes the headgear, I think the visor itself is also his job
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I agree with my Estonian colleague.

Look at this one....which I think is authentic.

If the cap above is from craftsmen in Russia or wherever, such shows the effects of our internet pictures on the reverse engineering skills of the fakers.

There are simply aspects of the past you cannot fake very well. One of them is rendered in German with the word: Materialknappheit, that is, the necessity to make do with less, which a generation of craftsman had to grapple with roughly from the hunger years of the 1914-1918 war until the end of the second war.

Authentic caps have the trait that somehow these use less material, be it textiles or leather to nonetheless look correct, whereas because the modern day fakers have enough of everything...sort of...they put in too much material of all kinds....you can see it in this cap here above, too.

But for people who are un used to seeing a lot of real caps over the years, this SS cap would be treacherous.

grey enlisted SS caps are extremely rare.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast