Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wehrmacht field officers visor hat id...

Article about: rynegold-- Yours probably is an Eastern Occupied Territories Postschutz visor--it is just that it seems to be a forest-green in color. Is the body as green as it appears? Are there any extra

Default Wehrmacht field officers visor hat id...

I picked up this hat the other day with some other items but don't seem to find any others like it. As you can see, it has dark green piping and...

"lightning bolts"

Any help appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht field officers visor hat id...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wehrmacht field officers visor hat id...

Re the cockade: Search "postschutz"

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Now that's interesting... I got a postzchutz belt buckle with this lot as well.

?

Can we see more of the hat please?

Hi

initial thoughts are re-badged forestry...........maybe. Or admin visor again re-badged.

As ben said, more photos please.

cheers

tony

New pix up folks... and some detailed pix of the other items too, just reload the slideshow in the first link.

Edit: Sorry!, here's the slideshow link:

field visor

I got these too:

I didn't include the photo albums and annuals but I've a good bit of provenance to go with this lot.
    Last edited by rynegold; 05-03-2012 at 10:28 PM.

KSH
    ?

I will not comment on the originality of this piece as that should be the business of those specializing in caps, but this cap is very similar colour-wise and piping-wise those used by the Postschutz in the Eastern Occupied Territories. Moderator stonemint/Chris on this very forum owns as far as I know a similar cap - his cap has the rayon piping as this cap also looks to have by the looks of the new photos posted in the slideshow above. So it just about matches appearance-wise (cap eagle, wreath, cloth colours and piping colour) with the caps of the Eastern Postschutz. If it indeed is a completely original cap with the original types of insignia attached, it is a very rare cap. Of course, it could have been rebadged at some stage if original. The piping is also joined in a rather untraditional way (but not unseen) - the cap may be of foreign manufacture as the other cap of this sort already mentioned seems to be.

Just some thoughts from an amateur in this field.

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Correction

So the green piping color "could be" original to an eastern postschutz specimen? I ask as I have now seen thanks to you folks, examples of original ones and the piping is red, or a reddish color.

"Moderator stonemint/Chris on this very forum owns as far as I know a similar cap - his cap has the rayon piping as this cap also looks to have by the looks of the new photos posted in the new thread on this cap."

Is there, somewhere, a pic of Chris' cap??

KSH
    ?

Quote by rynegold View Post
    So the green piping color "could be" original to an eastern postschutz specimen? I ask as I have now seen thanks to you folks, examples of original ones and the piping is red, or a reddish color.
    The piping colour used by the Postschutz of the Reich (the domestic Postschutz in Germany proper) was actually of an orange colour, not red. The green piping was used by the Postschutz in the occupied eastern areas.

This here is a photo of the only officer's Postschutz cap for the eastern branch I know about, which belongs to stonemint/Chris - I am sure he won't mind as this is strictly for educational purposes:

Wehrmacht field officers visor hat id...

I am sure Chris can elaborate on the Postschutz piping colours, as reference material regarding this obscure organization is almost non-existant - and he has studied this organization to some extent I know. I am sorry that I as a layman cannot offer you anything more. I am sure that others can contribute their expertise in due time. But do understand that very little is known about the Postschutz in general, compared with say the branches of the Wehrmacht.

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Wow... that's my cap!! I wondered why it seemed of less quality than others I've seen (Heer that is...). So these were made in occupied Eastern Europe?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast