Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht Officer's Schirrmutze

Article about: Hello all! I just wanted to ask for some opinions on this schirrmutze before I made the purchase please. It would be the first in my collection, so I am anxious to hear what you think! (and

Default Wehrmacht Officer's Schirrmutze

Hello all! I just wanted to ask for some opinions on this schirrmutze before I made the purchase please. It would be the first in my collection, so I am anxious to hear what you think! (and to hopefully make the purchase!) Many thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Officer's Schirrmutze
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

From what I understand high quality Berolina visor caps are quite hard to come by. They mostly made field caps and such. What strikes me is the logo. I have read (here on the forum doing searches) that they did make "Luxus" grades, but this appears to be "Luhus".

It does however appear to have the wrap around felt on the liner band which I have read is a characteristic of this brand.

Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

Best wait for others with more knowledge.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for the reply. Do you think the logo could just be stylized? I could see how this could be an X, but could easily be mistaken for an H. I have not looked at similar examples, but that is just my take on it. What do you think? Aside from the logo, does everything else look alright to you? Thank you.

MAP
    ?

Not being familiar with this maker its best that you don't rely on my opinions. Very possible it is an X but I haven't seen enough of their logos to know the variations.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Its a Fraktur x - no problem with it (and the cap, which seems to display the egg-shaped top panel).

Compare to the GBA-Elite version here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...ms-157h1-5.jpg
    or the late war Meisterklasse here: Heer Officers schirmmütze
    the Primus version here: Heer Officers Schirmutze
    you can have an overlook over the Berolina (and other) logos here:
    FABRICANTES Y MARCAJES DE LAS GORRAS DE LA WEHRMACHT Old style, Älterer Art, Schiffchen M38, M34 - WEHRMACHT INFO [ LA SEGUNDA GUERRA MUNDIAL 1939 - 1945 ]