Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WH Infantry visor

Article about: Hi all, I've had my eye on this WH infantry visor for quite a while but I'm rather tentative of buying it as it's a private seller and has been about for some time. I'd love to get your opin

Default WH Infantry visor

Hi all,

I've had my eye on this WH infantry visor (dark green band makes it an early version correct?) for quite a while but I'm rather tentative of buying it as it's a private seller and has been about for some time.

I'd love to get your opinions on it. What's good about it (all original, shape?) what's bad? Common or rare maker etc

The ageing and stitching etc looks genuine to me but I'm unsure of the details (eagle etc) as this would be my first visor and I've not been lucky enough to see one in the flesh yet.

Thanks in advance.
    Tim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH Infantry visor
    P
    Many

?

Hello Tim49980,
    this is a contract cap produced by Clemens Wagner (CW) and distributed by Karl Härtel, from Weiden/Oberpfalz, a skinner/furrier who should have been able to make such a cap himself, but for some reason didn't and just sold a CW in his name (does remind us that of something of our days?) Very nice example IMHO, particuarly for the fact that it is a contract cap.