Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do I have here? 1

Article about: That seems to have worked... dagger forum here: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagger...16/#post763975

Default What do I have here? 1

My grandfather was in the Battle of the Bulge, and earned a Purple Heart. He was recently diagnosed with dementia after being hospitalized for another ailment and it is setting in quite quickly (he's 90 now) so we've been forced to prepare for an estate sale to help with the nursing home costs. Today I was going through some drawers and found 2 hidden militaria items, 1 being this side hat, the other a dagger (which I will be posting in the dagger forum after this along with pics. Both are in near immaculate condition...

I am curious to know the worth, though I am not inclined to sell these - just curious. I'd also love to know ANY info I can get on them, as I basically know nothing about it at this point. I'm also wondering about the "55" that is marked inside the cap. Thanks so much!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have here? 1   What do I have here? 1  

What do I have here? 1   What do I have here? 1  

What do I have here? 1  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do I have here? 1
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do I have here? 1

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear of your Grandfathers conditon.
    I have a brother in his seventies with it, and it is heartbreaking.

You have an extremely nice, mint Heer (Army) Officer's cap with red
    'waffenfarbe' for artillery. '55' is the size - rather small.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Very beautiful overseas cap

That is,indeed, a beautiful German officers cap. What are you asking for it, if I can ask?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Hi and welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear of your Grandfathers conditon.
    I have a brother in his seventies with it, and it is heartbreaking.

You have an extremely nice, mint Heer (Army) Officer's cap with red
    'waffenfarbe' for artillery. '55' is the size - rather small.........
    I echo Steve's comments, a very nice Artillary Officer's cap.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I would say that this cap is an unworn example in near pristine condition and would command a very decent price if sold

?

Wheres the dagger piccys, if the daggers in the same kind of condition it should be something pretty special!!!

Thanks everyone! This is exciting. I am planning on visiting with my grandfather tomorrow to ask him about these 2 pieces, and the story behind them. Hopefully I can gain some more personal info that way. At the moment I am not interested in selling them, particularly if he had personal involvement in removing them himself.. but I will find that out soon.

As for the dagger pics, I tried posting but I believe my thread is still waiting to be approved by the moderator. If it doesn't go through by morning I'll post a couple pics in here. It's in amazing condition, I will vouch for that. But I am so curious about the markings on the back and what they mean...

Quote by munstre View Post
    Thanks everyone!
    As for the dagger pics, I tried posting but I believe my thread is still waiting to be approved by the moderator. If it doesn't go through by morning I'll post a couple pics in here. It's in amazing condition, I will vouch for that. But I am so curious about the markings on the back and what they mean...
    If you try posting photos directly to the forum uploader, you will likely not have to wait. I believe it is because you are posting links.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    If you try posting photos directly to the forum uploader, you will likely not have to wait. I believe it is because you are posting links.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph, will try a 3rd time now with embedded pics..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast