Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?

Article about: This is your chance to list what you want to see discussed. Would you like more details of how to spot fakes? Would you like more information about the history and evolution of particlular s

Default Re: What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Are the collectors with experience being too vague, too arrogant, too patronising and you don't understand?
    This is a pet peeve that I have... Often when someone new posts an item asking for opinions, some experienced members will respond with "fake", "no good", "", etc.

While I understand that not everyone has 10mins to devote to each response post they make, more information is generally appreciated and it helps lesser experienced members to learn!

As such, I REALLY appreciate all posts that are specific. For example: "Your badge is fake because of the lack of detail in the track area of the tank. Notice the lack of detail of the grass, too!" or "Note the age on your helmet. The wear seems too artificial. The scratches are too uniform, and isn't it odd that the helmet has scratches everywhere BUT on decal?"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?
    P
    Many

Hi

For me the main reason I joined this forum has always been about educating (myself) and learning about the items of history that we display so effortlessly with this new technology. I have found it a fantastic place to share my hobby, ideas and collection with like minded people in what I view as a very friendly and welcoming space.

May that long continue.

In respect to this discussion I view the forum as going pretty much in the right direction in terms of the balance of threads and the subjects discussed. There are those that bring expertise to every area of the cap in one way or other. After all the forum is only as good as the members contribution and I feel the moderators have set the balance well...thank you guys.

I think back to when I started collecting and the maze and myriad of different terms, collectors opinions and not knowing a bundeswehr cap from a wehrmacht one , might still even be struggling with that one !

Thus the one thing I would say we could address is making it easy to ask the simple questions. Everyone fears asking a dumb question but in reality there is no such thing as a dumb question , its just a request for information ! If we had a thread to "ask" these questions then maybe we could all enhance our knowledge ..... I am continually having eueka moments reading threads where a little bit of info suddenly makes everything fall into place.

It's a kind of ask jeeves thing......

cheers

tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

For me the main reason I joined this forum has always been about educating (myself) and learning about the items of history that we display so effortlessly with this new technology. I have found it a fantastic place to share my hobby, ideas and collection with like minded people in what I view as a very friendly and welcoming space.

May that long continue.

In respect to this discussion I view the forum as going pretty much in the right direction in terms of the balance of threads and the subjects discussed. There are those that bring expertise to every area of the cap in one way or other. After all the forum is only as good as the members contribution and I feel the moderators have set the balance well...thank you guys.

I think back to when I started collecting and the maze and myriad of different terms, collectors opinions and not knowing a bundeswehr cap from a wehrmacht one , might still even be struggling with that one !

Thus the one thing I would say we could address is making it easy to ask the simple questions. Everyone fears asking a dumb question but in reality there is no such thing as a dumb question , its just a request for information ! If we had a thread to "ask" these questions then maybe we could all enhance our knowledge ..... I am continually having eueka moments reading threads where a little bit of info suddenly makes everything fall into place.

cheers

tony
    thank you for a fine post.

Ben, my Super moderator, please go to Paris, my collection and beers, and maybe a Frenchy girl will be here !

ha ha !
    Wolfy

?

Quote by spandau View Post

Excellent idea Tony! I can get that going straight away in the authentication forum or should we have it here in the main forum instead?

Hi Ben,

What about in the main forum ? I think the authentication forum should be kept purely for that purpose and the post a question thread could and no doubt will cover many and varied types of subjects on caps, maybe we can catch more opinions/responses in the main forum.

cheers

tony

Maybe a pinned thread with a detailed analysis of how caps were constructed and which type of stitching was used and the fabrics used, what a real peak should look like, the chin cords, the buttons, the liners etc... maybe one for each main type of cap, visors, field caps and maybe for each service where notable differences occur, between Heer, KM, Lust & SS, illustrated With good detailed photo's and informative text?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Jerry, I think I did start a cap construction thread awhile back but it's finding the time to keep such analysis going which is the problem..

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Excellent idea Tony! I can get that going straight away in the authentication forum or should we have it here in the main forum instead?
    Done!
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...thread-157853/

?

How about a Sticky thread on Books about caps? Like Gary Wilkins book on headgear? I know that when I started I was constantly looking for books on caps, and having a database on books is always a good thing.

Cheers, Pat

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast