Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?

Article about: This is your chance to list what you want to see discussed. Would you like more details of how to spot fakes? Would you like more information about the history and evolution of particlular s

?

Default Re: What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I suppose that the Wilkins book is the logical point of departure, but it is far from perfect.
    It's the only book specifically about cloth headgear that I actualy spent money on and is most praiseworthy.
    We've moved on so much now since it was published however and the muetzenfabrik thread would make a superb basis for an updated publication if someone with the skills and time would be willing to take on the project.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's the only book specifically about cloth headgear that I actualy spent money on and is most praiseworthy.
    We've moved on so much now since it was published however and the muetzenfabrik thread would make a superb basis for an updated publication if someone with the skills and time would be willing to take on the project.
    If someone would make a paper version of the whole dealy and send it to me, I could start. The rest of my year from two weeks from now until September will be living hell as to work, but the resort to a paper thingy of the Muetzenfabrik thread might work. But you technical people have a better understanding of how to arrange it. There is an awful lot of nice things there, but we need an outline, with a logical progression. Wilkins abandoned a second volume of his work. Besides, I have my own real book to write, in the meantime. Or to finish the editorial process.....

Happy hats, friends.

What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?In 1936 UM did a series of articles on the cap industry that are pretty breath taking, and throughout the UM is a Nazi version of the history of the uniform trade and industry in bits and pieces. Of course, the political agenda of this material is fairly monstrous. One would have to join the other scholarship on Nazi industry and society, in turn. No small project. This excerpt is on RZM licensed retail outlets.

What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?The circulars of the RZM are an exceptional source, but not for the faint of heart. Here is a description of textiles for cap linings.

?

Ok, let's not discuss this further here.

The purpose of this thread was not for us two to ramble on as usual!

?

I book thread would be very useful. I have read and seen alot of cap books in German in some posts, but I cant read german. Yet.

I found Wilkins book a very good read, I cant wait for VolumeII, If it comes out anytime soon.

Cheers, Pat

hi

as offered earlier I will get some reviews of books I use up on the thread....sadly for my shelves i have a lot of books, some good and some ok but when it comes to headgear there is not one definitive volume other than wilkins that covers just headgear in specific detail, and then he only covers TR.

Others cover headgear in various chapters in some detail and it is these I will highlight.

I have been working on a book to be published this summer that covers the development of the army cap from 1871 to 1945 and should (hopefully) offer a one stop introduction to the caps found in Imperial, weimar and TR Germany.

cheers

tony

?

This thread seems to have come to a halt...

C'mon guys, let's have some more ideas!

?

A sub forum on ww1 and pre 1933 caps would be very nice.

Cheers, Pat

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6