Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

When I feel a bit down..

Article about: For Pat, My two pocket watches. The larger silver pocket watch is my own personal watch that I use on more important occasions - it is German made, probably made in the late 19th Century - t

Default Re: When I feel a bit down..

Outrageously beautiful cap Ben!
    Gonna post an identical thread in the "uniforms" forum,because this is one of the ways I react when I feel a bit low!
    Thanks for sharing
    Manny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement When I feel a bit down..
    P
    Many

You are not alone, Ben! I do it to de-stress from a stressful day (which in my line of work, is every day).
    Like F-B, I prefer the classical, but on occasion I will pull out my Stereolab albums ( a situationist/surrealist/marxist anglo-french band fronted by the incomparable Laetitia Sadier).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Mr. Chris Stonemint has very refined taste. Mine is less so, surely. I look at caps less than I used to, and I listen to less music than I used to, because I post too much on these sites, which I see as a kind of digital nicotine or finger biting or some obsessive compulsive disorder. We sorely need to relax and to enable the mind to wander, to reflect, to create and to absorb so many things. The foetid woolen fetish is a useful crutch, but I am sure the psychologists or chemical experts of the work of our tired brains would reveal to us the combination of the senses nourishes us, which this world wide web nose picking does not. I used to relax far more than I do today, in various ways central for the mind to function well. We in North America have chucked out thought in favor of sensations and clicks, and the moving cursor across the screen as the highest accomplishment of culture. And it is not.
    I tend to admire my foetid woolens more from a distance nowadays, in silence, and in a large heap, waiting for the assault of moths.When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..

F-B, I shocked even myself the other day when I saw a hat on the "lord of the flies forum" and was immediately able to identify the maker by shape alone and without even seeing the interior. They talk about men staring at goats, but they haven't seen men "staring at hats."
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Nice music Ben, but i choose Vivaldi the 4 seasons to relax along with watching my medals
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'll gladly swop it for your beautful grey cat!
    I would swop the grey cat with the ss visor cap

Quote by stonemint View Post
    F-B, I shocked even myself the other day when I saw a hat on the "lord of the flies forum" and was immediately able to identify the maker by shape alone and without even seeing the interior. They talk about men staring at goats, but they haven't seen men "staring at hats."
    You are an expert, surely. We are men who stares at hats. My goal is to do so in good company, without being catapulted back to the insouciance of the 4th grade and also protecting my not inconsiderable investment from stupid and jealous people who could not even find Germany on a map, let alone find the WC in the Wuppertaler Ronsdorf Bahnhof. We are grateful for your expertise. I think there should be grading system on these sites for the expertise combined with contribution to knowledge in a productive and constructive manner. Adrian is very good about policing this site, though, which is a blessing.

The bad behavior on these sites has badly damaged my long standing interest in this regalia, truth be told.
    The war relics site, though, has set a high standard and plainly has attracted others from the more trafficked and more brutal sites.

sapere aude.When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..

?

How Gregarious...
    Maybe some Sarah Vaughan ('East of The Sun' on vinyl, of course).
    I agree completely with Mr.Berthold. The attraction of more well worn sites with 'star' players (who must not be contradicted), moderators who feel the need to stamp their personal agenda (sorry, knowledge) and members who want instant answers is wearing thin.
    Regards,
    Mark

?

So True FB......Being less knowledgeable (but learning)...I'm was pains to post any of my material on some other forums for fear of being "shot down in flames" ...as I have seen it happen to many others.
    There is an atmosphere of tolerance and understanding on this forum.. lets hope it remains so!!!

This forum is perfect

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast