Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap making

Article about: Presently there is a LW visor cap for sale on ebay.de made by a certain Wilhelm Prediger. This is very interesting insofar as this Wilhelm Prediger wrote an addendum to Hempe's manual (the l

?

Default Wilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap making

Presently there is a LW visor cap for sale on ebay.de made by a certain Wilhelm Prediger. This is very interesting insofar as this Wilhelm Prediger wrote an addendum to Hempe's manual (the later edition) in which he presents his method of making templates, the "strap-system". Even more interesting is the fact that Prediger himself started to write a cap-making manual, which seemingly never was printed, to my knowledge only a proof exists which was auctioned on ebay.de some time ago. I was not yet a member of this forum then but wrote an email to the moderators that this manual was for sale. I don't know who got it, but would of course be very interested in comparing it to Hempe (see thread "Cap making").

Well, here are photos of the proof:

Wilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap makingWilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap makingWilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap making

And here are photos of Prediger's cap (for a while the link will work, too: Luftwaffe - ORIGINAL Schirmm

Wilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap makingWilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap makingWilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap makingAttachment 868532Attachment 868533Attachment 868534Wilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap making

So we know that Prediger at least did know what he was writing about. I have not yet seen a cap made by Hempe, but perhaps somebody has. If so, please show us!

I would be very glad, too if the owner of the Prediger proof let us see which advice Prediger had for cap makers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap making
    P
    Many

For the benefit of the non-German speakers here, the text in the second attachment translates as:

"Capmaker!

Compelled by the idea to aid and promote the German capmaker's craft and to train its members to complete their products both quicker and better by means of simpler work techniques and, most of all, to create finished and ideal caps in pleasing shape and flawless workmanship that influence the customer's sense of beauty and motivate him to make a purchase, I present the following textbook
    ."

Well, he does sound a bit like a Prediger [preacher] indeed.

?

Thanks HPL2008 for the translation. Great that you are one of the few who still can read Kurrentschrift. Perhaps you can help out: I couldn't decipher which kind of Reichs...gruppenleiter Prediger is.

He made the handwritten proposal for the first page of his book (see above):

Fachbuch für Mützenmacher.
    Herausgegeben vom Berufsinnungsverband des Hut- Kürschner- und Handschuhmacher- Handwerkes. Bearbeitet von W. Prediger, Reichs...gruppenleiter für das Mützenmacherhandwerk.

W. Prediger Wunstorf.

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Perhaps you can help out: I couldn't decipher which kind of Reichs...gruppenleiter Prediger is.
    The word in question is "Reichsfachgruppenleiter".

Bravo. Wonderful things from our fine members.

If someone here has this document, we should join it with Hempe and reprint it somehow.

I recall seeing the document, and downloaded the images present then, but that was a few years ago.

Thanks to you all. You are real champs.

Wilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap makingWilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap makingWilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap makingWilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap making
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The word in question is "Reichsfachgruppenleiter".
    which speaks to the organization of crafts and industry in German state and society, reference to which is all over the RZM circulars, as well as Uniformenmarkt, as such. Hoffmann of Berlin was, I think,
    the Fuehrer of cap firms. These were then linked to the DAF and NSBO and such. I am not sure exactly how, but it was thus.

Wilhelm Prediger/Hempe/cap makingvoila

- - ------- - -

No Ayn Rand in sight here, of that you can be sure.