Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?

Article about: by BenVK Sorry guys, my attention has been elsewhere lately. Have a look at this thread. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-au...-visor-153205/ Just because it can be restored doesn't mean th

Default Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?

Hello, here is Julekpl again. I have come across a professional clothing restorer that repairs damaged ww1-ww2 hats and uniforms, but usually they charge a large amount for repairs. I was wondering if it is worth to get my Heer visor cap repaired. The manufacturer is "Erel, Stirnschutz patent". I have posted it on here once, but I would like to hear your opinions about restoring it. Here are some pictures that show the damage. There is sign of mites which ate through the leather headband, the cardboard liner which keeps the hat in place is crushed to pieces, and some of the fabric is falling apart. Any thoughts on restoration? Thanks, Julekpl.

Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?

If it were mine, I'd leave it mate..it has a value all it's own untouched!!!!!

Nice cap

I know, I know, but this is my first, more valuable cap, which I got as a gift. I feel like getting it repaired and purchasing the eagle and cord for it, but I am afraid of spending more money then it's worth.

and I believe it is a Wehrmacht artillery officer's cap. Here are some pictures of one in good condition, and note, these next pictures are not taken by me: Item #

?

If you can find originsl bits for it and determine it is wermacht, then it is all up to you, I suppose you have to weigh up the cost of items and repair, or leave it as is and use te money towards an example in better nick.....

Thought he temptation to repair it will always be in the back of your mind!!!!

Nice gift!!!

?

I hope Ben VK see's this one , if anyone can advise you re the repairs he can

Sadly, I think the old soldier's fought his last campaign....almost certainly, the restoration costs (If it could be done) would be prohibitive.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As William stated cost of repairs on such a beat up piece would be a waste of time!That is not a rare visor by any means and just leave it be.Save up and buy a nice piece and i think you will be a lot happier.Carl

I will take your thoughts into consideration, and thank you for sharing them, but there is but one more reason I wanted to get it restored. Apparently the owner of this cap "Schloer" as labeled inside, was also a ww1 artillery officer. Both of these hats bellow I believe are his, and both of them are artillery officer caps, but the ww1 cap is in far better condition. Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?Is it worth getting repaired (my Heer schirmmütze )?

?

I think it still should be left as he left it.....it will make a very interesting display

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast