Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Would love confirmation this Rural police shako is good!

Article about: Attempting to pick up my first shako. I think it looks good aside from the nails in the front plate but would love reassurance and to hear all your experts thoughts! Thank you all

Default Would love confirmation this Rural police shako is good!

Attempting to pick up my first shako. I think it looks good aside from the nails in the front plate but would love reassurance and to hear all your experts thoughts!
    Would love confirmation this Rural police shako is good!Would love confirmation this Rural police shako is good!Would love confirmation this Rural police shako is good!Would love confirmation this Rural police shako is good!Would love confirmation this Rural police shako is good!Would love confirmation this Rural police shako is good!Would love confirmation this Rural police shako is good!
    Thank you all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would love confirmation this Rural police shako is good!
    P
    Many

The shako is original period piece. Eagle plate ??

My apologize, the helmet/shako plate

I would look for a text book example instead of this one.

Just as an item of interest...any pics of the lugs on the eagle ? What are the nails hammered into.....just the wool, fibre body ? Would like to see some inside pics
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Just as an item of interest...any pics of the lugs on the eagle ? What are the nails hammered into.....just the wool, fibre body ? Would like to see some inside pics
    D.
    In the process of getting them now~!

Shako body is original.
    Eagle probably had the screw posts removed postwar, and they crudely reattached it using what appear to be nails.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Agreed, I think ill hold off for now for a more prime example. Thank you all very much!

Too bad. This one was in decent collectible condition as far as "crazing" to the leather that is often see. Somebody messed it up with the eagle placement