Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German police shako

Article about: This one is a true Officer model. For some people, a maker logo makes a piece of headgear more valuable. However, to me, it is a case of condition and quality, and this one appears to meet b

Default WW2 German police shako

Hi Folks,
    I've just been looking at Stonemint's thread on WW2 Police Shako's and just wondered if the thick eagle with the "pillow" behind it, is true of all officers shako's, the reason I ask is because I have seen one for sale I'm thinking of purchasing, it's with black fittings and made by Becker & Co, Berlin and is dated 1943.
    Please see images.
    Cheers.

Please note, that this is a double post the first one was posted in Stonemint's "A Guide to Authentic Third Reich Visor Hats" by mistake so if a Moderater reads this could they please remove the original for me. "SORRY"

WW2 German police shakoWW2 German police shakoWW2 German police shako

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German police shako
    P
    Many

DRK
    ?

Hello ,

The Shako you have posted is an enlisted men's type with officers chin strap.... that's NOT good
    The officer shako's should have the thicker eagle ( with the pillow behind it... ) , a hand-made bullion cockade , aluminum chin strap and a "split liner" inside...... the liner with the "fingers" was used in enlisted shako's....

Theo

?

I agree with Theo.

a mixed one.

Thanks for the info guys. Are there many repro's out there to watch for.

Hi

Theo is giving good advice on this one, I would leave it well alone. The officers version is big money if you can find a good one.

The other ranks are safer bet but as with all things TR fakes are available !!!

good luck

tony

I would like an officers one if I can find a good one.
    How much should I expect to pay for a nice one and do the black fitting's one's tend to be more expensive than the brown one's.

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Wow, there seems to be a lot of variation in prices especially in the officers, is this down just to condition.
    What's the difference between a NCO's shako and a Other Ranks.
    Cheers.

Kev.

Here's another one I wouldn't mind having a go for, I feel a bit more confidant about this one although it doesn't appear to be marked with a manufacturers stamp inside "is that unusual and is it something I should pay less for"
    Cheers.

Kev.

WW2 German police shakoWW2 German police shakoWW2 German police shako

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast