Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ww2 infantry german visor cap

Article about: Hi guys ! I was asked several times about this ww2 german visor cap. I have already a collection of ww2 genuine german army visor caps, only made by high quality makers and regular "tex

Default Ww2 infantry german visor cap

Hi guys !
    I was asked several times about this ww2 german visor cap. I have already a collection of ww2 genuine german army visor caps, only made by high quality makers and regular "text book" made.
    This one is different. For me just different. I am confident but your points will be appreciated.
    It was already a bit crushed when I found it.
    Pro : Old and correct materials, correct size, small but known maker on correct celluloid (fire tested)
    Cons : very basic assembly and a political type eagle (or also Police)
    Maker (faint silver? ink ) : "Mützen Ritter - Freiburg ....."

So what are your feelings ?
    Thanks by advance,
    Paddy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 infantry german visor cap
    P
    Many

Hello Paddy. I'm not sure if the images will remain being that they are linked to an image hosting site, so I'm including downloaded pictures so they won t disappear. I like the overall appearance of the cap. My gut feelings are that it may of been rebadged at some point as the eagle does not appear to be applied straight? Also the sweatband seems rather wide compared to others I've seen previously. Otherwise I think it looks ok. Just my observations. Kindest regards.

Brian

Ww2 infantry german visor capWw2 infantry german visor capWw2 infantry german visor capWw2 infantry german visor capWw2 infantry german visor cap
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 02-11-2018 at 11:49 PM.

How much is it? It's a nice piece. Your textbook needs revision if you don't like this cap.

In the course of years from 1945 until now, the badges may have been removed and sewn on again, but you have not spent as much time as I have in
    the FRG and Austria since 1969, where such a thing was perfectly normal. Does that mean, if the badges were denazified in the FRG you would not own the cap?
    That's one way to look at it, but I have had some wonderful caps that were denazified and I, myself, little me ,renazified them.
    What's the deal?
    When you invent a time machine, I will be sure to give you a shopping list.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-10-2018 at 05:00 AM.

I own one like it, of which I am far prouder than an average Lubstein stinker.Ww2 infantry german visor capWw2 infantry german visor cap

Here is what you need with your time machine, i.e. the order form.Ww2 infantry german visor capWw2 infantry german visor capWw2 infantry german visor cap

Oops. Here is the order form. Come on down!Ww2 infantry german visor cap

Hat is undoubtedly original.
    The eagle is actually a high-quality state (civil) eagle, but I do not see any signs of stitching thru the lining or the sponge--it just might be original to the hat (there are plenty of photos of WH officers wearing incorrect eagles of all types--often this was just the result of the haberdasher/tailor using whatever was at hand at the time.)

Nice cap with a rarely encountered bullion eagle, and a very rare maker...
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

In fact, my cap from Dresden, which I value for more than a triple whipple marked "eReL" was likely handed out to some young kid barely of age, who also likely
    did not make it in the end.

These caps that came from unknown local makers in distant garrisons have just as much or more to say to the record of the past as the 08/15 Lubstein cap
    of whatever.

Freiburg i.B. also had its own military tailors/cap makers, which turn up from time to time, and which assigns it, to my mind, again greater value than the mass produced
    items from the major cap factories.

von wegen Wehrmacht und Freiburg i. B. Someone from here bought this cap.

Einzug der I. Abteilung des Artillerie-Regiments 5 im März 1936.

Freiburg liegt im Südwesten Deutschlands zwischen Schwarzwald, Schweiz und Elsaß fast direkt an der französischen Grenze. Bedingt durch seine Lage beherbergte die Stadt eine sehr große Garnison.
    Am 10. Mai 1940 kam es zum ersten Luftangriff auf die Stadt. Flugzeuge des Kampfgeschwaders 51 der deutschen Luftwaffe warfen irrtümlich Bomben auf die Stadt, in der kein Luftalarm gegeben worden war. Dabei kamen 57 Menschen ums Leben. Zahlreiche Verletzte waren zu beklagen. Der nächste Angriff auf die Stadt fand erst am 3. Oktober 1943 statt. Britische Bomber warfen 12 Bomben und töteten dabei sechs Menschen. Die Bomben fielen beiderseits der Dreisam von der Kartäuserstraße bis nach Haslach. In der Nacht vom 7. auf den 8. Oktober 1944 kam es zu einem weiteren Luftangriff auf die Stadt, zu dem keine Daten vorliegen.
    Am 27. November 1944 wurde die Stadt von einem besonders schweren Luftangriff getroffen. 59 Pfadfinder-Maschinen warfen ab 19.55 Uhr Leuchtbomben auf die Stadt und markierten die zu treffenden Ziele. Die nachfolgenden Bomber warfen rund 14.000 Spreng- und Brandbomben mit einem Gesamtgewicht von 1.725 t. Nach deutschen Ermittlungen kamen dabei 2.797 Menschen ums Leben. Die Stadt wurde fast vollständig zerstört.
    Im April 1945 wurde die Stadt von den Franzosen besetzt, 1946 wurde hier eine Regierung und Verwaltung für das Land Baden eingerichtet.

Fronttruppenteile

Infanterie-Regiment 75, Stab, 14.Kompanie

III./Infanterie-Regiment 75

MG-Bataillon 4 (ohne 3.)

I./Artillerie-Regiment (motorisiert)77

Festungs-Pionier-Stab 15

Sanitäts-Staffel

Generalkommando Oberrhein

14. Landwehr-Division

Festungs-Artillerie-Stab 10

Landesschützen-Bataillon 424

Landesschützen-Bataillon 409

2./Nahaufklärungs-Gruppe 13

2./Aufklärungs-Gruppe (F) 128 (See)

Stab./Jagdgeschwader 76

III./Kampfgeschwader 2

Flakgruppe Freiburg

Stab/Flak-Regiment 19

Flak-Regiment 25

leichte Flak-Abteilung 861

Reserve-Flak-Abteilung I. / 491 (bei Flakuntergruppe Freiburg-Güntersthal)

Heimat-Flak-Abteilung 71/VIII

leichte Alarm-Flak-Batterie 15/VII

leichte Heimat-Flak-Batterie 46/VII

Ersatztruppenteile

Ausbildungs-Leiter

Grenadier-Ersatz-Regiment 5

Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 75

Pionier-Bataillon (G) 307

Feldstrafgegangenen-Abteilung 6

Straf-Kompanie Freiburg

Kommandobehörden / Dienststellen

Schutzbereichsamt